DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DINC still worth getting?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible

DINC still worth getting?

Is the DINC still worth gettting or would i be better off getting the Dorid X or Samsung captivate? My BB pearl is dying and i was hopping on getting the DINC HD but since that is delayed i am trying to figure out my next best option. My BB will not last till the DINC HD comes out. I am off contract with ATT so provider does not matter much to me.

Thanks
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    D1, X, Tbolt, DC, DB, GNex, S4
    Premium Member
    I recomend that you go to a verizon store near you and test out both phones, the X and the Inc, and decide which one you like better. They are both great phones but you might like one user interface over another (Droid Inc= Sense UI, Droid X= Blur UI, Samsung= Touch Wiz UI), or some of the features/widgets better on one phone more than the other.
    Also the Fascinate and the Captivate are essentially the same phone just on different networks.
    Last edited by Quicksilver7714; 11-12-2010 at 11:31 AM.
    New to android or just need to brush up on the basics? Abe has every thing you need Here:
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net

Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

We are the droid owners
    Resistance is Futile, YOU Will be Assimilated...

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D Inc
    I second this. You also really have to hold them in your hand.

I was second guessing myself when I got my Dinc because the X was going to be out in just a few more days.

Once I held a X in my hand I knew I made the right choice. To me the X is just too big. I could never imagine putting it in a holster and clipping it to my belt. I would bump into too many things.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    I have been leaning to the DINC. I am just not sure it will be out of date (yes i know as soon as you by any phone it will be out of date). I am wondering if it will still get OS updates (w/o rooting).
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    The Incredible is getting old technology wise so I would be looking elsewhere for your smartphone fix. If you got to get something now, the Droid X is cool and I've also seen photos of the new Droid Pro. Get your hands on what you are considering and try them out before you buy them. For me, I'll wait until the HTC Incredible HD comes out and Otterbox makes a Defender Series case for it.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    It is good advice to go to the store and play with each one. I played with the Dinc and the X for a half hour each before choosing the Dinc. As previously stated they are both good phones. If you want a larger screen, then go with the X. Even though it's big, it's still pocketable. The bigger screen will come in handy if you have large fingers or if you spend most of your time texting or on the net.

If you want a device with a more polished look, go for the Dinc... that's why I bought the Incredible. Sense is just a better looking UI. I also prefer the HTC clock/weather widget, it just looks cool. The pinch feature on the homepage that allows you to see all seven homepages is cool too. I will admit that the Dinc feels a little cheap in the hand due to its plastic shell (the X is made of some kind of metal). But you'd never know it once you put a case on it.

I also would take a look at the Samsung Fascinate. It gives the Dinc a serious run for its money. It's light, has a smooth UI, and feels really good in the hand. Good luck with your search.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Blackberry Tour
    I'm sure the dinc is getting old, I'm looking toward switching and was a little bummed about the dinc hd delay as well. Is it possible to replace the fascinate bing issues with google so it will respond like the verizon Droid series of devices?
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    The Inc may be getting "old" but its still a darn solid phone. After my Droid 1 died and they gave me a Droid 2. I used it for about 3 weeks and decided I wanted an Inc.

D Inc+Cyanogen+Seidio 1750=amazing phone.

But def go check em out first.

...never underestimate the power of sea turtles.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    htc incredible 2
    This old incredible will crush ur b.b. I wouldn't be bummed over the inc hd.. any phone is a step up from the tour...l
    Quote Originally Posted by CollinR4 View Post
    I'm sure the dinc is getting old, I'm looking toward switching and was a little bummed about the dinc hd delay as well. Is it possible to replace the fascinate bing issues with google so it will respond like the verizon Droid series of devices?
  10. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Hahaha!! +1!

Quote Originally Posted by kenbiz View Post
    This old incredible will crush ur b.b. I wouldn't be bummed over the inc hd.. any phone is a step up from the tour...l
    Quote Originally Posted by CollinR4 View Post

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links