DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Anything the Incredible does without Apps?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG Droid Incredible

Anything the Incredible does without Apps?

I finally made the switch.. Currently I have a BB Tour, my incredible is back ordered and should arrive in early August according to VZW.. From browsing here on the forums I'm a little concerned the Incredible doesn't add up in some key areas such as text messaging and MMS messages. My BB handles MMS beautifully but from my understanding in order to even view an MMS message on the Droid you have to download and app? And what if I want to send a text message to multiple people? Again, I have to download and app for that as well? Is there anything this phone does without having to have an app?

On my BB I can store passwords quickly and easily using the built-in Password keeper and efficiently retrieve them. Does the incredible have something similar or do you have to download an app for that?
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadeo View Post
    My BB handles MMS beautifully but from my understanding in order to even view an MMS message on the Droid you have to download and app?
    Nope. Handles it just fine. At least, in the couple I've already received.

And what if I want to send a text message to multiple people?
    When you go to compose a new message, you can keep adding people in the To field.

On my BB I can store passwords quickly and easily using the built-in Password keeper and efficiently retrieve them. Does the incredible have something similar or do you have to download an app for that?
    This is something not built in. There are a few apps in the Market for this.

You seem kinda hesitant about downloading Apps. It is not a painful process. A lot are free to begin with (like the password managers I just searched, yeah, there are some payware apps, but there were a healthy number of free ones). You press the Install button on the App's details page, tap to confirm, and there will be a notification when it has finished downloading and installing. You can even launch the app from the notifications.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG Droid Incredible
    Thanks for the input.. I'm not really hesitant to download apps so much as I'm concerned the Incredible can do everything my BB does, at the very least.

Is there also an app to backup my entire phone data to one file? Something similar to the blackberry desktop manager?
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Titanium backup an my backup pro are both great programs. As for your passwords, many things can be remembered automatically within the phone. There are password "wallet" apps available for everything else. Don't worry about MMS. You'll find Android has tons of functionality built in. The market apps are just people extending what's available by default.

Just wait until you get a chance to play around with it. You'll be impressed.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Your Incredible will do most of what your BB does with it's native applications that are built in. However, there are many apps that may give you a more enriched experience, or allow for customization that the native apps do not. As already mentioned, a password safe isn't available. However, I would recommend KeepassDroid. The great thing about is, that you can share the same file with the desktop version.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC INCREDIBLE
    The only thing the incredible can't do compared to blackberry is SUCK. I dumped my storm and I'm never going back!!

Links