So I ordered my Incredible about a week ago, and have called like they told me to for the tracking number. To pass the time, I have been looking through the forum, to learn what to expect when I get the phone.
What I have learned so far:
- Battery Life sucks
- Charging the battery sucks
- Turn off most of the features to help the battery last
- Waiting for the phone is supposed to be worth it
- Possibly being killed by Verizon
As my luck would have it, I browse the forums the day after ordering, and see posts about the Droid X coming out next month, around the time I should get my Incredible. So now I am thinking of how I should have waited a little longer. I know that I have 30 days to return the Inc if I choose not to keep it. I am really interested in the Droid X and would like to have more info on it before flat out making that decision. So far some of the benefits I have seen are:
- Possibly a 720MHz Processor (Slightly slower than Inc, but should save a little battery power)
- Possibly a 1GHz Processor (Same as the Inc)
- Larger stock battery (No need to buy a new one right away)
- Battery saving mode (so I can turn it on and off when needed)
- Larger screen
- Bigger (I have big hands = better to have bigger phone)
- Should have better stocking since Moto has had the screens for a while
I guess we will see how amazed I am with the Incredible.
Any thoughts or comments are welcomed, I am sure there are others sitting on the fence, especially since the ship date for the Incredible is around the alleged release date of the Droid X. Also, CS told me that they might not be taking preorders for the X after the Incredible backorder that was experienced with HTC's newest releases.