DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Can incredibles run Snesnoid

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Can incredibles run Snesnoid

seems like im having a hard time getting trhe roms on my phone but i might just be an idiot.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    I downloaded the SNesoid lite and SuperGNES lite free versions on my incredible. Both seem to run ROMs fine, you might have to enable the C core on SNesoid to run some games like Super Mario RPG. It seemed like SuperGNES handled the load better, but SNesoid had the controls in the order i liked (d-pad and abxy buttons on the bottom of the screen). Both had issues handling the audio, I would say SuperGNES did a better job of it though. With SNesoid, every time i rotated the screen the audio would crackle where SuperGNES was ok doing this. Both had audio crackling/degradation during heavier load times of games, and I don't think that is good at all for the speakers... so I don't know if I will buy a full version due to this... speakers are pretty important on a phone.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    **** thats good news man i guess ive been doing it wrong.

Do I have to load it onto the sbcard or directl onto the droid because i load the roms onto it but im not able to loacate it once i run snoid. Ill keep reading the how to threads but if someone could gimme some advice on what they did for the incredible.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    I linked my phone to my computer and took the option to mount the drives. It appeared under 'my computer' that it mounted the SD card as one drive and the phones memory as another. I checked the sizes to determine which was the SD card then opened that one and created a new folder named Rom then inside that I created a SNES folder. I then put my .smc files in that folder. I then safely removed my usb device and unplugged my phone. I opened up SNESoid and selected the /rom folder then /SNES then selected a .smc file and the game took a few seconds but it eventually started. I would think you could put them on either place but I am not sure. Hope that helps.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    hey i love you man thanks, i didnt know i didnt have a sb inserted. thanks for your time and help dude im gonna gonna go play zelda till ymy battery explodes. THANKS!
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Hey man whats C core, cause I am having trouble running mario RPG. Also what site do you people use to download Roms, i tried to DL zelda and its all glitchy. Also I want to buy game grippper but i cant find it. Help please
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible

HTC Droid Incredible SNesoid

Quote Originally Posted by vatrevino View Post
    Hey man whats C core, cause I am having trouble running mario RPG. Also what site do you people use to download Roms, i tried to DL zelda and its all glitchy. Also I want to buy game grippper but i cant find it. Help please
    I played around today with how to get ROMs to work on the Incredible. After loading my phone to my computer as a "Disk Drive", I saved a downloaded ROM to it by simply using the drag and drop method. I didn't need to do anything special (like create a file called ROMS or SNES) while I was in there, and I simply changed my phones connection to my computer to "charge only" instead of "safely remove hardware". I opened SNesoid, and instead of looking at SD storage, I pressed the up arrow which took me to a new menu of options (cache/ being listed first). If you scroll down to emmc/ and open that, you should see the file there.

Just as a secondary note...I downloaded Mario Cart, and it worked perfect (for the most part). No sound gliches anyway. It did pause on me at one point for about 10 seconds, but that was after playing for about 20 minutes. Then it went back to normal game play. I didn't have any issues at all with changing to landscape mode and back. Controls worked fine. Fun Fun.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID Incredible FroYo
    buy Rom Buddy it makes everything for emulaters much easier.

Links