DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Is It True I Will Miss Calls If I'm Browsing The Net On The Droid Incredible?

  1. Droid Newbie
    mrfeeny's Avatar
    Member #
    75138
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #1

    Is It True I Will Miss Calls If I'm Browsing The Net On The Droid Incredible?

    I already ordered my Incredible with Verizon and was just reading up on it. I read somewhere that I will miss calls if I'm browsing the internet on the phone because it can't do data and voice at the same time. Is this true?
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid Sensei
    JhankG's Avatar
    Member #
    250
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Summerfield, NC
    Posts
    3,098
    Phone
    Droid X
    #2
    No.

    45678
  4. Super Moderator
    Vulcan1600's Avatar
    Member #
    7183
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    5,569
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    #3
    Moved to Incredible area
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

  5. Master Droid
    techguru's Avatar
    Member #
    275
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    585
    #4
    An incoming call will interrupt your data connection. Data will automatically reconnect when the call is over.
  6. Droid Ninja
    MiXoLoGiSt's Avatar
    Member #
    48708
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,334
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    iPhone 4 16GB
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by techguru View Post
    An incoming call will interrupt your data connection. Data will automatically reconnect when the call is over.
    Correct. A call takes priority over data.
  7. Master Droid
    shamus's Avatar
    Member #
    7083
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    345
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by MiXoLoGiSt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by techguru View Post
    An incoming call will interrupt your data connection. Data will automatically reconnect when the call is over.
    Correct. A call takes priority over data.
    As it should.

    This is for the former Droid owners. Does it seem like the Incredible gives more priority to incoming calls? Or am I just crazy? It seemed like my Moto would almost hiccup on incoming calls but the Incredible seems to handle them better.
  8. Droid Ninja
    MiXoLoGiSt's Avatar
    Member #
    48708
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,334
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    iPhone 4 16GB
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MiXoLoGiSt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by techguru View Post
    An incoming call will interrupt your data connection. Data will automatically reconnect when the call is over.
    Correct. A call takes priority over data.
    As it should.

    This is for the former Droid owners. Does it seem like the Incredible gives more priority to incoming calls? Or am I just crazy? It seemed like my Moto would almost hiccup on incoming calls but the Incredible seems to handle them better.
    Yeah it seems the Incredible handles incoming calls a little better. That is thanks to the upgraded specs of the Incredible though.
  9. Droid
    nightfishing's Avatar
    Member #
    64846
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    36
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfeeny View Post
    I already ordered my Incredible with Verizon and was just reading up on it. I read somewhere that I will miss calls if I'm browsing the internet on the phone because it can't do data and voice at the same time. Is this true?
    No. But it WILL scare the crap out of you when it happens

    Especially if you are looking at something you shouldn't be!
  10. Droid Ninja
    MiXoLoGiSt's Avatar
    Member #
    48708
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,334
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    iPhone 4 16GB
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by nightfishing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfeeny View Post
    I already ordered my Incredible with Verizon and was just reading up on it. I read somewhere that I will miss calls if I'm browsing the internet on the phone because it can't do data and voice at the same time. Is this true?
    No. But it WILL scare the crap out of you when it happens

    Especially if you are looking at something you shouldn't be!
    Haha its only happened to me once when i was browsing BestBuy.com and i don't remember if it scared me or not lol.
  11. Senior Droid
    atthehop's Avatar
    Member #
    59732
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North NJ
    Posts
    156
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by nightfishing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfeeny View Post
    I already ordered my Incredible with Verizon and was just reading up on it. I read somewhere that I will miss calls if I'm browsing the internet on the phone because it can't do data and voice at the same time. Is this true?
    No. But it WILL scare the crap out of you when it happens

    Especially if you are looking at something you shouldn't be!
    With one hand freee????? LOL
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Miss my Moto Droid but Inc is cool too...
    By nomadicnut in forum HTC Droid Incredible
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 07:47 PM
  2. Droid browsing issues.
    By oatmealboy in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-13-2010, 09:59 AM
  3. I miss my window's phone - critical things DROID is missing
    By Legalgear in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 12:03 PM
  4. Love the Droid- Miss my Games
    By gadgetGeek in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-20-2009, 11:45 PM
  5. Love DROID/Miss Windows Mobile 2: Droid Screen On Desktop
    By looneytoone in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 03:17 PM

Search tags for this page

change voice over data priority

,
voice priority over data
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+