can you install this custom keyboard on the incredible.
use astro file manager to make installing apks easier
Create Your Own Custom HTC_IME Keyboard
On 04.22.10, In Apps, by Kellex (online)
Our favorite non-Swype style keyboard just keeps getting better. As of today, you can work through a step-by-step process and actually create your own customized HTC_IME keyboard. We are now on version 24 and one of the developers behind this ported version has released his beta customization method. Check it out…
*This is for non-rooted and rooted users. Everyone!*
1. Visit this site and register for an account.
2. Choose “Create a custom keyboard skin from scratch.”
3. Choose your keyboard version. (v24 is the newest.)
4. Follow the next few steps, choosing your color scheme.
5. Click “Generate Keyboard.”
6. Download your keyboard and install it. (Installation instructions here.)
Update: It appears that you do need the Clicker file for calibration. Download here.
With this new v24, it appears that the Clicker.apk for calibration is no longer needed and the settings for the keyboard have become much more polished. There are even a few new features which you’ll enjoy.
If you want the keyboard from above that I’ve created, you can download it here. (alt link)
Let me know if you have any issues.
Source: XDA Forums
There have been numerous updates to the HTC IME keyboard which was ported over to the Motorola Droid, but most of the changes were so minor that they weren’t post-worthy. Now on version 19, I thought it was probably time to let you all know that you can upgrade to a version that is incredibly polished. In fact, the options for customization with this new version are pretty extensive and should give you one of the best keyboard experiences yet. If you are not familiar with the HTC IME keyboard, trust me when I say that you need to get this right now.
(This is for both non-rooted and rooted users.)
Keyboard file: HTC IME.apk (alt link) (alt link2) (alt link3)
Calibration file: Clicker.apk (alt link) (alt link2) (alt link3)
Instructions for installation…
1. Download both files.
2. Install both files.
3. Go into Settings>Language and Keyboard.
4. Check the box next to “Touch Input” to activate.
5. Go into a text box, long press, and select “Input method”.
6. Choose “Touch Input” as your keyboard.