DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: i hope HTC is joking...

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    thunderbolt

i hope HTC is joking...

so ive had my incredible for a week now and i have to say i dont know if i like it as much as my moto droid. the battery life on the incredible is an absolute joke. ive never have to charge an electronic device of mine as often as i do this phone. and i barely use it. i cant imagine how it is for people that are on their phones all day, you can never take it off the charger.

the receptions also kind of a joke. my moto droid worked everywhere, i always got atleast 2 bars. i dont think ive ever seen my incredible get more than 2 bars even when im outside, and im always breaking up on calls. i mean sure, the incredible has features out the...but the whole phone aspect of it is lacking.

sorry, thats all for my rant. i guess im just wondering if anyone else is having the issues i am.
  2. kmo
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus (cdma)
    In a word NO. Any smartphone will have to be charged daily. My stock battery gives me 12-15 hours of moderate-heavy usage. I also just bought 2 1500 mAh aftermarket batteries and charger for $11.99. I always have the extra power if I need it so no big deal, as far as the reception best of any phone I've had.
  3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    I get 15 to 18 hours with mine and IMHO it tops the Droid.
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG G2
    Just keep fully charging it and draining it down and recharging it, things get MUCH better than those first few days. I thought battery life was a joke too so I ordered one of those 1500mAH batteries - by the time it arrived, my stock 1300mAH battery was doing much, much better.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Quote Originally Posted by tnhockey View Post

the receptions also kind of a joke. my moto droid worked everywhere, i always got atleast 2 bars. i dont think ive ever seen my incredible get more than 2 bars even when im outside.
    Dont go by Bars, the Bars on the Incredible dont actually reflect the true signal strength. My Incredible gets just as good (if not better) reception than my Motorola Droid did.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC touch diamond
    its nice your all telling him you get 12-15 hours of moderate use and to go out and buy extra battery but your missing a large cause that is noted in his second paragraph, he has poor reception and bad signal quality, signal issue + 3G = dead battery with no use very quickly

the basics, update prl *228 - 2, if same call and request hybrid prl push to phone
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Inc.
    I think part of the issue is with the way the Inc interprets signal strength, and the way Android it self adjusts antenna power.

Compared to my Droid, side by side they get nearly identical reception (not bars) but signal dBm. However, the Droid will show full bars at say -80dBm, but the Inc will show one, at the same -80dBm. I think in turn this leads Android to ramp up the power going to the antenna, causing more battery drain.

Every day, after being off the charger for 12+ hours, Cell Standby is always the main battery drain, and it usually says at least 25% of the time I was without signal.
  8. kmo
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus (cdma)
    Well there's been a lot of people reporting bad signal strength but in reality they were fine. They were looking at the number of bars on the phone which isn't always accurate. If you are in an area where you're having issues with signal there isn't much you can do. These phone carriers can't cover all areas of service with the same quality signal. In any case if the phone is searching all the time of course you're going to be draining the battery life. Extra batteries for these phones IMO are a must anyway if you're a heavy user. Unless you want to be around a charger all the time. At the price I paid for the 2 extra batts and wall charger it's worth it to have power on hand all the time. That's all I was trying to say. People sometimes don't get the research done as to what coverage a carrier has and if your area is in a good place to get the coverage/signal you want. Not saying this is the case with the OP but just saying...
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by tnhockey View Post
    so ive had my incredible for a week now and i have to say i dont know if i like it as much as my moto droid. the battery life on the incredible is an absolute joke. ive never have to charge an electronic device of mine as often as i do this phone. and i barely use it. i cant imagine how it is for people that are on their phones all day, you can never take it off the charger.

the receptions also kind of a joke. my moto droid worked everywhere, i always got atleast 2 bars. i dont think ive ever seen my incredible get more than 2 bars even when im outside, and im always breaking up on calls. i mean sure, the incredible has features out the...but the whole phone aspect of it is lacking.

sorry, thats all for my rant. i guess im just wondering if anyone else is having the issues i am.
    You have 30 days to take it back, I suggest you do just that from the problems you are explaining. My Inc and moto droid have identical signal strength (checking numbers here not signal bars as we have already known the bars on the inc are incorrect), and the battery life is shorter, but not like you are describing.

You should do some research before jumping to conclusions like this and asking specific questions never hurts. However, if you are going by reception numbers and not the little bar icons, and you have fully charged/drained the battery for a while and no improvement, take it back and get your moto droid.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC>>>>>X
    Just read some posts been threw this 1000 times.
    ---Lets go red wings---

Its hard to have heart when you won so much!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links