DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49

Thread: Need Help with Dicision... :(

  1. Senior Droid
    rsarno's Avatar
    Member #
    71807
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    173
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    #21
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjtkbw00 View Post
    I could cycle using the gps and Tracks, listen to music via my stereo bluetooth AND check emails/texts and after 2.5 hours STILL have over 50% battery life left just seemed fantastic to me. I will attempt that with the Inc this week, but I don't see that happening. I would like to, but I'm not hopeful.
    Im researching before i buy and read your post. Are you thinking the Inc might be dead in just 2 hours?? That is mind-blowing ...

    I knew id need the extended battery, but what will that give me at your rate? 5 hours??

    Im very interested in your further feedback, since you are currently trying both. I have the Droid now, and im not digging the weight, and i never use the keyboard. But 2 hours???

    Any other more detailed feedback?
  2. Soulless Droid
    zerosouls's Avatar
    Member #
    67853
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Menzoberranzan
    Posts
    1,100
    Twitter
    zerosouls
    Phone
    Razr
    Premium Member
    #22
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjtkbw00 View Post
    Personally, I go through 3-4 phones a year because I like to sample what's out there and help friends and family make informed choices. I talk about the positive and negatives on sites like this because I like to hear what others have to say about them and hear their experiences. If you have a phone and are happy, great, but this particular thread is about helping the OP to make a decision which is a valid request, so some of us are offering up opinions, which I believe is what they were looking for, not drivel that doesn't help with their choice in the long run.
    3-4 phones a year? You got a suger mama or something?
    Feel like a geek?: http://gplus.to/GeekPlus
  3. The Droid Lion's Avatar
    Member #
    69505
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    64
    Phone
    Fascinate :P
    #23
    Well for those that care I did make a decision. I'm going to keep my Incredible. Why? ... You may not care but I"m telling you.

    After going back to the droid one faithful afternoon I came to the realization of something. I couldn't appreciate the Incredible until I didn't have it around anymore. Its like HD tv. Sure at first you would say "I can't really see the difference" but after you get use to it you can't go back to standard def. The Incredible is just a smoother running piece of equipment.

    I've played ball on both sides of the field (not a gay joke...) and I have to say that, all though hated, mainly by people who seem jealous, the Incredible is just a better running phone.... The pros out way the cons.


    For all those Moto Droid Fan Boys stop being so petty. The Incredible, which just ****ing came out, is a top contender for being a true iPhone killer. Remember all the problems that he Droid had when it first came out anyone!?

    The Incredible after 2.2 will be the definitive smart phone until Shadow... If you want to really be a dick just look at all the "Droid vs Incredible" Reviews that have popped up every where. The Incredible is rated higher EVERY TIME! ... and no I'm not a fan boy. I'm a realist.
  4. Rescue Squad
    titans's Avatar
    Member #
    11378
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,668
    Twitter
    @titans_df
    Phone
    Incredible
    Premium Member
    #24
    This name calling is very immature? "Moto Droid Fan Boys"? It goes both ways, there are people who state true facts on why the Droid is better, there are people who state true facts on why the Incredible is better. There are people who exaggerate why the Droid is better, there are people who exaggerate why the Incredible is better. Seems like your post was more of a rant than an opinion.
  5. Senior Droid
    pmas's Avatar
    Member #
    17452
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Massapequa, NY
    Posts
    101
    Phone
    HTC Incredible and Moto Droid
    #25
    Quote Originally Posted by titans View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by R24D24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by titans View Post
    Droid:
    -Keyboard (some games require a keyboard)
    -Battery life
    -Huge hacking community
    -Root abilties (tether, under/overclock, themeing, etc
    -Stock Android if you don't like Sense.

    Incredible:
    -Sense UI
    -Better Camera
    -Faster processor (if you don't plan on overclocking your Droid)
    -Lighter (But plastic)
    -Optical trackball if you like that

    Really, in MY opinion, only go with the Incredible if you want Sense UI, or if your phone will be your camera.
    Actually, I have to say the opposite. The Inc is a better phone all the way around. Root ability will come with time (kinda silly to use it in a comparison IMO) and you haven't even listed half of the improvements over the moto droid. Looking at the two side by side and using them, there is no contest. If you like to go by specs it's not even close.

    I would have to say that the only reason to even look at the moto droid is the physical keyboard, which is going the way of the 8 track tape, or to feel a bit of nostalgia for a phone that USED to be the flagship device for VZW.

    People that hang on to this moto droid as a competitor in today's market are probably listening to cassette tapes on their walkman and arguing with their friends how dvds are as good as blu rays. Give it up, it's old tech now, as the Inc will be soon. That's why the new droid will be out soon, the entire market has changed since the relic, errr moto droid came out, and it's time for them to catch up.

    Also, the moto droid may really get put down for the count when the shadow comes out if the rumored specs are indeed true. I will admit though that my moto droid I have for work is untouchable in the always important paper weight category.
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but the Droid does beat the Incredible in some ways. And oh by the way, the Droid has the better GPU. And better battery life. And better call quality. The Incredible isn't "the better phone all the way around" as you say it. The Incredible is the better phone at certain things, Droid is better at others. Just because it's newer doesn't mean it's better.
    Better Call quality? Are you kidding? You are joking right? The call quality on the Droid is absolutely horrific. The call quality on the Incredible is fantastic.
    I usually stay out of these debates, but I just couldn't let the "call quality" thing go. By the way, have you not seen the hundreds of Droid Poor call quality threads in the forums? I had a Droid and I can tell you call quality stinks. Blue tooth call quality is also the worst and the Incredible's is perfect.
  6. The Droid Lion's Avatar
    Member #
    69505
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    64
    Phone
    Fascinate :P
    #26
    Quote Originally Posted by titans View Post
    This name calling is very immature? "Moto Droid Fan Boys"? It goes both ways, there are people who state true facts on why the Droid is better, there are people who state true facts on why the Incredible is better. There are people who exaggerate why the Droid is better, there are people who exaggerate why the Incredible is better. Seems like your post was more of a rant than an opinion.
    Ok... I do owe the forum members an apology. I did not intend for my post to turn into a "rant".

    Sorry for calling some of you fine gentlemen "fan boys".

    But, bias opinions are as useful as diarrhea.
  7. Rescue Squad
    titans's Avatar
    Member #
    11378
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,668
    Twitter
    @titans_df
    Phone
    Incredible
    Premium Member
    #27
    Quote Originally Posted by The Droid Lion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by titans View Post
    This name calling is very immature? "Moto Droid Fan Boys"? It goes both ways, there are people who state true facts on why the Droid is better, there are people who state true facts on why the Incredible is better. There are people who exaggerate why the Droid is better, there are people who exaggerate why the Incredible is better. Seems like your post was more of a rant than an opinion.
    Ok... I do owe the forum members an apology. I did not intend for my post to turn into a "rant".

    Sorry for calling some of you fine gentlemen "fan boys".

    But, bias opinions are as useful as diarrhea.
    So on the brighter side....how's battery life? Stock battery I assume? Family member is giving me their upgrade, might get the Inc.
  8. The Droid Lion's Avatar
    Member #
    69505
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    64
    Phone
    Fascinate :P
    #28
    Quote Originally Posted by titans View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Droid Lion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by titans View Post
    This name calling is very immature? "Moto Droid Fan Boys"? It goes both ways, there are people who state true facts on why the Droid is better, there are people who state true facts on why the Incredible is better. There are people who exaggerate why the Droid is better, there are people who exaggerate why the Incredible is better. Seems like your post was more of a rant than an opinion.
    Ok... I do owe the forum members an apology. I did not intend for my post to turn into a "rant".

    Sorry for calling some of you fine gentlemen "fan boys".

    But, bias opinions are as useful as diarrhea.
    So on the brighter side....how's battery life? Stock battery I assume? Family member is giving me their upgrade, might get the Inc.
    12 hours is what im averaging after changing some settings around. This is with heavy music use. 6-7 hours with moderate data use or games. Much better than the 4 hours I was getting before I changed some atuff around. Awesome phone beyond that. Seriously.... its soooooooo smooth. The Shadow will be out some time around August . It might be worth waiting to check it out.
  9. Rescue Squad
    titans's Avatar
    Member #
    11378
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,668
    Twitter
    @titans_df
    Phone
    Incredible
    Premium Member
    #29
    Yeah, unfortunately, Motoblur is a fail, and Sense has captivated me =) Might wait for the Shadow if htey announce that Motoblur can be turned off.
  10. Master Droid
    jbjtkbw00's Avatar
    Member #
    407
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    306
    Twitter
    @jbjtkbw00
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by zerosouls View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjtkbw00 View Post
    Personally, I go through 3-4 phones a year because I like to sample what's out there and help friends and family make informed choices. I talk about the positive and negatives on sites like this because I like to hear what others have to say about them and hear their experiences. If you have a phone and are happy, great, but this particular thread is about helping the OP to make a decision which is a valid request, so some of us are offering up opinions, which I believe is what they were looking for, not drivel that doesn't help with their choice in the long run.
    3-4 phones a year? You got a suger mama or something?
    Nope. Just a plan with multiple lines (5) that allows me to use the upgrades at varying times so that I get the discounted price. Plus, because I take such good care of my phones, I then sell the outgoing phone, which in turn, gets me funds to apply towards the new device.

    Quote Originally Posted by rsarno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjtkbw00 View Post
    I could cycle using the gps and Tracks, listen to music via my stereo bluetooth AND check emails/texts and after 2.5 hours STILL have over 50% battery life left just seemed fantastic to me. I will attempt that with the Inc this week, but I don't see that happening. I would like to, but I'm not hopeful.
    Im researching before i buy and read your post. Are you thinking the Inc might be dead in just 2 hours?? That is mind-blowing ...

    I knew id need the extended battery, but what will that give me at your rate? 5 hours??

    Im very interested in your further feedback, since you are currently trying both. I have the Droid now, and im not digging the weight, and i never use the keyboard. But 2 hours???

    Any other more detailed feedback?
    Not saying I think it will be dead in 2 hours. I was referring to the fact that I don't think the battery will have as much left after similar usage. Won't be going on a ride that long until the weekend as I only ride for about an hour in the evenings when I can (due to Florida rain), so I can't provide you anything right away. I will say that here it is 4 pm, and I've charged it once today already, but I did use it for 2 1 hour conference calls today, but still.....my Droid could go through several of those calls and not need the charge this one did.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

why does my droid incredible phone say unable to send mail

,

why does my droid incredible say unable to send mail

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+