DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incredible for business use

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Eris return/Incredible Ordered

Incredible for business use

Hello all,
    My first post here, I am happy there are forums for just about everything. I own my owm business, I am curious if anyone uses these phones for business. I love the phone, just want to make sure it is going to work well in real world business applications!

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    i dont see why not
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by oljohnboy View Post
    Hello all,
    My first post here, I am happy there are forums for just about everything. I own my owm business, I am curious if anyone uses these phones for business. I love the phone, just want to make sure it is going to work well in real world business applications!
    What features in particular are you looking to use for "business"?

I mean, it works pretty good as a cell phone. Although BT hands free voice dialing would be welcomed so you can initiate calls from the road.

Like every mobile phone, mobile device, mobile OS, etc.. The incredible has its strengths and weaknesses... And it has some features that one group will find as a strength when another finds it as a weakness.

I think only you can decide if its the "right" device for you, or if there is something that better suits your needs out there...
  5. kmo
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus (cdma)
    My wife uses an iphone for her business, this phone can do everything and more. I guess you need to ask yourself exactly what features you really need in a business type cell....
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Well, I just am interested in speaking with someone that uses this phone in a business application. I have every google account possible, since google is where I make my money, so I use the calendar and gmail for contacts. I was interested to see if anyone accesses their adsense, analytics, or webmaster tools.

I HAVE SENT MY TWO REMAINING INVITES. CONGRATS TO bgfanauk AND WHITTNEY!
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible and Moto Droid
    I use google adwords from my Incredible. When you go to adwords web site, it brings you to a mobile site that lets you access campaigns and edit etc.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Anyone use this for business?? Dont tell me this is a high school forum!!
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by oljohnboy View Post
    Anyone use this for business?? Dont tell me this is a high school forum!!
    Business for you might not be business for someone else. In regards to my use - I own my own consulting company and I received this phone as a result of suggesting this phone for a company of 30 field people including the President and VP. I are constantly getting emails(Exchange Server 2007) and having to response to bids via web site links and PDF's. So in a business environment and being in the field for hours on end or the entire day it works for them. The heavy users carry an extra battery that I got for them as well as myself from Ebay that will give them an extra push if they happen to need it for that day.

I also am a heavy user or it and am pleased with it. I will also be getting the Sprint EVO 4G as well. I would have made them wait for this but they don't like Sprint's reception in the areas they work.

If you can log on to the internet then you can work with google adwords, etc. all day long the phone. I do small tasks while I am out with LogmeIn Ignition and I get alerts for PC/Server issues to my phone.

So i would call that business I have an IPHONE 3GS for personal and I am getting rid of it for Sprint.
  10. Droid
    Member #

Business use

I bought and returned the Moto Droid because I felt it was not a good business phone, primarily because it would not forward an email with attachments and the email delivery was problematic. I tried again with the Incredible hoping that these issues would have been ironed out by the time the DI was introduced. What a pleasant surprise this phone has been. I wish it had BB email push with options on what to do with the email just like BB. I can work around the email function not being exactly like BB, BB is the king in this area. This phone is so much better than any phone I have ever owned in terms of what it offers in such a small package. The email works very well, it can compose a message or brief email very nicely, and the maps and voice search function is......well Incredible. I just received my Sedio 1750 mah battery today to address the phones only shortcoming....battery life. I must say that once I turned off the mobile networks always on my phone could do a full day no problem unless I used the gps and bluetooth alot. There are not too many good accesories out for it yet, but they will come. I bought a Droid Eris leather holster for it, and the battery and car kit. Looking forward to keeping the phone and seeing it develop even more. I considered the EVO 4G ,but sprint coverage is horrible in my area and Michigan in general (thumb,up, and northern). I now consider the Incredible a good business phone. You will grow into it, and vice versa.
    ps- I love the feel of the phone in my hand, it is soooo small and sooo powerful.
    Last edited by moparharn; 05-20-2010 at 08:56 PM.
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by moparharn View Post
    I bought and returned the Moto Droid because I felt it was not a good business phone, primarily because it would not forward an email with attachments and the email delivery was problematic. I tried again with the Incredible hoping that these issues would have been ironed out by the time the DI was introduced. What a pleasant surprise this phone has been. I wish it had BB email push with options on what to do with the email just like BB. I can work around the email function not being exactly like BB, BB is the king in this area. This phone is so much better than any phone I have ever owned in terms of what it offers in such a small package. The email works very well, it can compose a message or brief email very nicely, and the maps and voice search function is......well Incredible. I just received my Sedio 1750 mah battery today to address the phones only shortcoming....battery life. I must say that once I turned off the mobile networks always on my phone could do a full day no problem unless I used the gps and bluetooth alot. There are not too many good accesories out for it yet, but they will come. I bought a Droid Eris leather holster for it, and the battery and car kit. Looking forward to keeping the phone and seeing it develop even more. I considered the EVO 4G ,but sprint coverage is horrible in my area and Michigan in general (thumb,up, and northern). I now consider the Incredible a good business phone. You will grow into it, and vice versa.
    ps- I love the feel of the phone in my hand, it is soooo small and sooo powerful.
    Moparharn - in regards to what the BB does that the Incredible doesn't for push email could you elaborate?

I am enjoying the Incredible as well and the EVO 4G is on pre-order now for me. One is a work phone and the other is well a work phone I just don't have to pay for the Incredible or the Service thanks to a great client.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links