DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 69

Thread: How to obtain a full charge on the Incredible!

  1. Droid Ninja
    MiXoLoGiSt's Avatar
    Member #
    48708
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,334
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    iPhone 4 16GB
    #1

    How to obtain a full charge on the Incredible!

    I'm sure someone has made a post about this but i think it would be easier and better to have its own thread that people can look at.

    So to obtain a full charge and make your battery last longer follow these steps:

    1. Plug in the charger and charge until the light turns green.

    2. Unplug the charger

    3. Turn off the phone

    4. Plug the charger back in (red light will turn on again) and charge until its green.

    5. Unplug the charger

    6. Wait 5 minutes (with phone still off)

    7. Plug the charger back in (red light will turn on once again) and charge until its green again.

    8. You are ready to go with a FULL battery and can now turn on your phone.

    Hopefully this method is only temporary, this should be something HTC looks into fixing very fast!
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid Ninja
    windstrings's Avatar
    Member #
    1740
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    1,330
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    HTC Incredible "past-MotoDrd"
    #2
    thats crazy.. just install "batteryleft" or any app that gives you easy access to the mv reading of your battery and when it reaches 4220 or so "while still on the charger".. your done.

    Immediately after taking off charge it should read above 4180 or so.

    The fully charged light comes on when its not truely charged yet "as you know"... simply leaving it another couple of hours accomplishes the same thing as all the stuff your doing.

    Battery protection in the Lithium ion cells prevent the charger from maintaining the same robust amperage input once the battery hits 4200mv or so... so charge rate drops at that point, but its still charging, just taking longer to finish the last bit!
    Plus a slightly slower charge at the last is good for the cells and it equalizes the weaker cells and gives them time to come up to the same voltage as the stronger ones.

    Once mv readings show 4225 or so, your charged.
    The Second Mouse gets the Cheese!
  4. Master Droid
    sillyrabbitt123's Avatar
    Member #
    10413
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    892
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by windstrings View Post
    thats crazy.. just install "batteryleft" or any app that gives you easy access to the mv reading of your battery and when it reaches 4220 or so "while still on the charger".. your done.

    Immediately after taking off charge it should read above 4180 or so.

    The fully charged light comes on when its not truely charged yet "as you know"... simply leaving it another couple of hours accomplishes the same thing as all the stuff your doing.

    Battery protection in the Lithium ion cells prevent the charger from maintaining the same robust amperage input once the battery hits 4200mv or so... so charge rate drops at that point, but its still charging, just taking longer to finish the last bit!
    Plus a slightly slower charge at the last is good for the cells and it equalizes the weaker cells and gives them time to come up to the same voltage as the stronger ones.

    Once mv readings show 4225 or so, your charged.
    But what does this app do? Because I have been using the OPs method and its working great! Except I hate turning off the phone to charge it more.

    With "battery left" what does it do? You can actually see a # value and then you know when its really done charging?

    If so I dont think my phone fully charges unless its off.

    thanks!!!
  5. Droid Ninja
    windstrings's Avatar
    Member #
    1740
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    1,330
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    HTC Incredible "past-MotoDrd"
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyrabbitt123 View Post
    With "battery left" what does it do? You can actually see a # value and then you know when its really done charging?

    If so I dont think my phone fully charges unless its off.

    thanks!!!
    Unless you have an aftermarket charger thats limited on voltage, you should be able to charge your phone just fine with it on.

    Battery left gives you nice readouts.. you can choose 3 to show on the widget so you can see at a glance.

    MV is one you can show....

    The main purpose of batteryleft is to remember and watch your habits and "learn". this is done during a cabibration process where you basically fully charge and cycle your battery till dead several times until it gets a fix and shows "accurate".
    It attempts at a glance to show you how many hours is left till your battery is dead.

    Unless your habits change dramatically, its pretty accurate and improving all the time.
    The Second Mouse gets the Cheese!
  6. Droid Ninja
    Guchi's Avatar
    Member #
    15045
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,074
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    #5
    this just doesn't mare sense. the battery is just too small for the phone thats it. if that seems like its working for you go ahead but unless HTC or VZ says that there is a known issue with this i will just plug my phone while i'm in bed like i always have. good lookin out though
  7. Droid Ninja
    jasonb's Avatar
    Member #
    12570
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,153
    Phone
    Moto Droid :)
    #6
    i don't think this is correct, or i am just getting different results.

    if i let it charge overnight and then wake up and take it off the charger the top 8-10% goes away pretty quickly. it'll be down to 99% within a few seconds and then it could be down to 92 within 15-30 minutes.

    but if i take my phone off the charger within minutes of it being done charging, it is fully charged.

    it seems as if once it reaches a full charge it just stops charging and actually starts very slowly draining. but if you take it off right away it seems fine.
  8. Master Droid
    rushmore's Avatar
    Member #
    975
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    328
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #7
    This thread OP sounds like something Jack Black would write in one of Tenacious D's albums

    Who the heck will go through that insane repetition to make a too small 1300mah battery last sugar pill longer? Inward singing is better

    Jasonb, you may be on to something. The battery probably drains some before it gets triggered to recharge again. People are sensitive to the battery life, since the
    water is at the rocks, so to speak.
    Last edited by rushmore; 05-11-2010 at 08:22 PM.
  9. Droid Ninja
    windstrings's Avatar
    Member #
    1740
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    1,330
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    HTC Incredible "past-MotoDrd"
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonb View Post
    i don't think this is correct, or i am just getting different results.

    if i let it charge overnight and then wake up and take it off the charger the top 8-10% goes away pretty quickly. it'll be down to 99% within a few seconds and then it could be down to 92 within 15-30 minutes.
    It shouldn't drain while left on unless your charger is funky.

    the voltage drop your seeing when you pull it off the charger is normal.. if you were to put it back on, in a couple of minutes it would pop right back up...

    Remember voltage is the "water pressure" that pushes the amperage "gallons" into the battery... once full.. the pressure is held until disconnected.
    Once disconnected the nominal battery voltage is witnessed.... actually once a small load is placed on the battery you will see "nominal".

    The float voltage is the voltage witnessed before removing it from the charge, the resting voltage is the immediate voltage witnessed with a totally full battery after disconnected from the charger. Once the battery gets used for a bit, that would be nominal voltage.

    Basically the float voltage needs to show 4220 or so... maybe a little less if in a colder environment.... about 4180 "resting" when taken off.. once used only a few minutes, it will drop to more of a nominal voltage.

    Expect your battery to die anywhere between 3250mv and 3400mv.. each battery is a little different based on maturity, room temp and especially load being placed on it before it dies.
    The Second Mouse gets the Cheese!
  10. Droid Ninja
    jasonb's Avatar
    Member #
    12570
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,153
    Phone
    Moto Droid :)
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by windstrings View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonb View Post
    i don't think this is correct, or i am just getting different results.

    if i let it charge overnight and then wake up and take it off the charger the top 8-10% goes away pretty quickly. it'll be down to 99% within a few seconds and then it could be down to 92 within 15-30 minutes.
    It shouldn't drain while left on unless your charger is funky.

    the voltage drop your seeing when you pull it off the charger is normal.. if you were to put it back on, in a couple of minutes it would pop right back up...

    Remember voltage is the "water pressure" that pushes the amperage "gallons" into the battery... once full.. the pressure is held until disconnected.
    Once disconnected the nominal battery voltage is witnessed.... actually once a small load is placed on the battery you will see "nominal".

    The float voltage is the voltage witnessed before removing it from the charge, the resting voltage is the immediate voltage witnessed with a totally full battery after disconnected from the charger. Once the battery gets used for a bit, that would be nominal voltage.

    Basically the float voltage needs to show 4220 or so... maybe a little less if in a colder environment.... about 4180 "resting" when taken off.. once used only a few minutes, it will drop to more of a nominal voltage.

    Expect your battery to die anywhere between 3250mv and 3400mv.. each battery is a little different based on maturity, room temp and especially load being placed on it before it dies.
    whats that have to do with the battery percentage dropping quicker between 90 and 100%.

    i'm telling you, if i take it off the charger after being on it all night it will be to 99% within 10-15 seconds and may be down to 92 or so within a half hour. after that the battery drains much much much slower.

    if i take it off the charger right after it's done then it'll stay at 100% for quite a while and then drop slowly like it should.
  11. Master Droid
    jamjr74's Avatar
    Member #
    53486
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    542
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by windstrings View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonb View Post
    i don't think this is correct, or i am just getting different results.

    if i let it charge overnight and then wake up and take it off the charger the top 8-10% goes away pretty quickly. it'll be down to 99% within a few seconds and then it could be down to 92 within 15-30 minutes.
    It shouldn't drain while left on unless your charger is funky.

    the voltage drop your seeing when you pull it off the charger is normal.. if you were to put it back on, in a couple of minutes it would pop right back up...

    Remember voltage is the "water pressure" that pushes the amperage "gallons" into the battery... once full.. the pressure is held until disconnected.
    Once disconnected the nominal battery voltage is witnessed.... actually once a small load is placed on the battery you will see "nominal".

    The float voltage is the voltage witnessed before removing it from the charge, the resting voltage is the immediate voltage witnessed with a totally full battery after disconnected from the charger. Once the battery gets used for a bit, that would be nominal voltage.

    Basically the float voltage needs to show 4220 or so... maybe a little less if in a colder environment.... about 4180 "resting" when taken off.. once used only a few minutes, it will drop to more of a nominal voltage.

    Expect your battery to die anywhere between 3250mv and 3400mv.. each battery is a little different based on maturity, room temp and especially load being placed on it before it dies.
    whats that have to do with the battery percentage dropping quicker between 90 and 100%.

    i'm telling you, if i take it off the charger after being on it all night it will be to 99% within 10-15 seconds and may be down to 92 or so within a half hour. after that the battery drains much much much slower.

    if i take it off the charger right after it's done then it'll stay at 100% for quite a while and then drop slowly like it should.
    My battery drops the same way. Down to 92% within the first 1/2 hr and then drops much slower and is fine the rest of the day/
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Incredible's battery life is not incredible
    By tempo in forum Droid Incredible Tech Support
    Replies: 236
    Last Post: 05-08-2011, 09:40 PM
  2. Droid Incredible's service not so incredible
    By KrubKrum in forum HTC Droid Incredible
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-27-2010, 11:50 PM
  3. Wifi - Specific APs - Obtain IP Address Unsuccessful
    By dan.caswell in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-19-2010, 02:33 PM
  4. My battery drops down to 90% 1 min after a full charge
    By saobi in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 10:39 PM
  5. Shut Down After Full Charge
    By DylC32A in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-03-2010, 08:27 PM

Search tags for this page

charging droid incredible first time
,
charging indicator droid incredible
,

droid incredible 2 wont fully charge

,
droid incredible how to know its charging
,
how to get a droid incredible 2 to full charge
,
how+do+you+know+if+the+htc+incredible+is charging
,

htc droid incredible fully charged

,

htc droid incredible not charging

,

htc incredible charge time

,

htc incredible s battery not charging

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+