DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Changing icon captions/labels

  1. Droid
    tsaro's Avatar
    Member #
    64398
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    32
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    #1

    Changing icon captions/labels

    I've created a home page of quick dial numbers, each of which is labeled by default "Call _____". Does anyone know if there's a way to remove the word "call" from these labels? It just takes up space and, in some cases, prevents me from seeing the full name of the contact.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid
    tsaro's Avatar
    Member #
    64398
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    32
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    #2
    bump

    Anyone have any ideas on this?
  4. Super Moderator
    Corinacakes's Avatar
    Member #
    5472
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    5,033
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DrOiD
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #3
    i have no idea on that but the phone dialer app "atakephone" has an option to open in favs mode and you just hit em and it calls or you can long press for more options.
    *~*Corinacakes*~*

    -Keep your political and religious views off this forum.
    -We are here to have fun and learn, so please try and keep it that way for everyone!




    If you like my work and would like to help get my nails done I'd love it!
  5. Senior Droid
    pmas's Avatar
    Member #
    17452
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Massapequa, NY
    Posts
    101
    Phone
    HTC Incredible and Moto Droid
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by tsaro View Post
    I've created a home page of quick dial numbers, each of which is labeled by default "Call _____". Does anyone know if there's a way to remove the word "call" from these labels? It just takes up space and, in some cases, prevents me from seeing the full name of the contact.
    Get the app "bettercut." it lets you rename and change icons. I rename all of the long named apps.
  6. Droid
    herbmmm's Avatar
    Member #
    62508
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Arizona/Pennsylvania
    Posts
    72
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    #5
    If someone try's this please let me know how it works out. I downloaded Bettercut for $2.99 but it wouldn't work on Home Pages unless I downloaded Open Home which is $3.99 I'm not sure it worth all this!
  7. Droid Ninja
    Jim 777's Avatar
    Member #
    19480
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,271
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    See my sig, silly!
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by pmas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tsaro View Post
    I've created a home page of quick dial numbers, each of which is labeled by default "Call _____". Does anyone know if there's a way to remove the word "call" from these labels? It just takes up space and, in some cases, prevents me from seeing the full name of the contact.
    Get the app "bettercut." it lets you rename and change icons. I rename all of the long named apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbmmm View Post
    If someone try's this please let me know how it works out. I downloaded Bettercut for $2.99 but it wouldn't work on Home Pages unless I downloaded Open Home which is $3.99 I'm not sure it worth all this!
    +1 for bettercut and I don't have Open Home, so maybe you're doing something wrong.
    Droid Razr
    Custom Dialers for D1
    My broken glass icons: Broken Icons | Android Logo Icons (in progress): Android Icons

  8. Droid
    tsaro's Avatar
    Member #
    64398
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    32
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim #777 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pmas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tsaro View Post
    I've created a home page of quick dial numbers, each of which is labeled by default "Call _____". Does anyone know if there's a way to remove the word "call" from these labels? It just takes up space and, in some cases, prevents me from seeing the full name of the contact.
    Get the app "bettercut." it lets you rename and change icons. I rename all of the long named apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbmmm View Post
    If someone try's this please let me know how it works out. I downloaded Bettercut for $2.99 but it wouldn't work on Home Pages unless I downloaded Open Home which is $3.99 I'm not sure it worth all this!
    +1 for bettercut and I don't have Open Home, so maybe you're doing something wrong.
    Reviews in the market seem to indicate trouble using with Sense. Is anyone using this on an INC?
  9. Droid
    tsaro's Avatar
    Member #
    64398
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    32
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by herbmmm View Post
    If someone try's this please let me know how it works out. I downloaded Bettercut for $2.99 but it wouldn't work on Home Pages unless I downloaded Open Home which is $3.99 I'm not sure it worth all this!
    I'm not sure either, but from what I've read, Bettercut does have trouble working with Sense. Have you found the Bettercut/Open Home combo to be a fully working solution?
  10. Droid
    herbmmm's Avatar
    Member #
    62508
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Arizona/Pennsylvania
    Posts
    72
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by tsaro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbmmm View Post
    If someone try's this please let me know how it works out. I downloaded Bettercut for $2.99 but it wouldn't work on Home Pages unless I downloaded Open Home which is $3.99 I'm not sure it worth all this!
    I'm not sure either, but from what I've read, Bettercut does have trouble working with Sense. Have you found the Bettercut/Open Home combo to be a fully working solution?

    When I saw I had to download another program I deleted the first and Gave Up!
  11. Droid
    tsaro's Avatar
    Member #
    64398
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    32
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    #10
    Yeah, don't think I'd want to pay nearly $7 for this either. Maybe the developer will come up with a solution one of these days.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Please Help! Changing default Icon on market app
    By meekless in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-21-2010, 01:07 PM
  2. GPS - how to remove annoying labels?
    By altjx in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-21-2009, 05:31 PM
  3. gmail labels & shortcuts
    By neal121 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-17-2009, 08:59 AM
  4. Voice data at same time for closed captions
    By stevenje98 in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2009, 02:22 AM
  5. Is there a way to make new labels in gmail?
    By SDiener72 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2009, 01:13 PM

Search tags for this page

android change icon label

,
android change icon labels
,

android edit icon labels

,
android how to change icon label color
,
android icon label
,
android rename icon label
,
change icon label color android
,
change icon labels android
,
edit icon text android
,
how to change icon labels on droid
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+