Hi everyone. So I just got the HTC Incredible yesterday, I love it so far. This is my first real "smartphone", my prior phone was an LG Dare... I've been playing around with it for a few hours trying to figure everything out. I've done a bit of searching around the forums but I still have some questions that I was hoping you experienced users could help me with. I'll try and be as clear and concise and possible.
Unlocking its Secrets
I'm new to smartphones, so I'd really like to know if there's some sort of How to Everything guide. I want to know what it can really do in order to use this phone to its full potential.
I primarily use hotmail, 1 personal email and 1 business email. I'm using the default email app that came with the phone. I get a lot of important job related emails and I need to know when I receive one as soon as it comes through.
1) Is there a better app or way to have the emails come through as soon as I received them? The notifications don't seem to pop up soon enough. While I was typing this, I received notification of new emails, which I had received on my computer about 15 minutes earlier.
2) Is Gmail the best email client available? I've been using hotmail mainly just because it gives me pop up notifications on my computer when I'm running Live Messenger. I'm basically looking for something efficient that will notify me as soon as an email comes through. If so, I will begin to phase out my hotmail account for business.
1) How can I sync together my phone and computer so contacts are updated in each? If I add a new contact in my phone, I'd like it to be available on my computer under my email contacts, vice-versa. A friend that has the Iphone has something like this, very useful.
1) Which is the best, real time Twitter/Facebook apps? Currently using the Twitter app that came with the phone and the Facebook for android app. The twitter one seems to work ok but the facebook one won't let me check my messages.. also seems to update slower. I got a notification saying I had 2 new messages on Facebook and it took me to a blank page, it never loaded.
2) What is the difference between the Twitter program and the Twitter gadgets like Peep? This goes for gadgets/programs in general.
1) Just received a pop up for a new system upgrade for the phone. Should I download it? Thinking back to those darn Windows Updates that screw up my computer..don't want that happening here with my phone.
1) How safe is the security when using phones to access email, banking, etc.? I want to make sure my stuff isn't at risk of getting hacked.
Okay, I think that's about all the questions that I have right now. I appreciate any help, thank you all for your time!