DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incredible vs. EVO 4G

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon Droid Incredible

Incredible vs. EVO 4G

anyone seriously considering making this switch? the screen size is tempting, but i'm wondering how the specs compare. I (think I) know that the Incredible's Snapdragon is underclocked and I'm assuming that the EVO's won't be, but what about battery and other specs?

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid :)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny1244 View Post
    anyone seriously considering making this switch? the screen size is tempting, but i'm wondering how the specs compare. I (think I) know that the Incredible's Snapdragon is underclocked and I'm assuming that the EVO's won't be, but what about battery and other specs?
    the incredible's snapdragon is not underclocked. it is 998mhz when fully clocked up. idle is 245. so it can run anywhere between 998 and 245.

the only thing better in my opinion is that it will run on 4G which can be a lot faster. verizon's 3g has proven pretty fast IMO. i have seen the HD2 and i think the HD2 and Evo 4G are to big. it will be one hell of a phone, but i'll keep my incredible.

verizon > Sprint
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Doesn't seem like much of a difference, even less so than the differences between the Droid and Incredible. If the screen size is an absolute must-have for you, then I could see upgrading. Seems like a small detail to base switching phones (and carrier) on already.

Sprint 4G would be nice, but you'd have to make sure it is currently offered in your area. But there is also the point of Sprint's WiMax (what they are calling 4G) not truly being "4G", even though it is being advertised as such. I don't believe the standards for true 4G have been finalized yet.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorbait View Post
    Doesn't seem like much of a difference, even less so than the differences between the Droid and Incredible. If the screen size is an absolute must-have for you, then I could see upgrading. Seems like a small detail to base switching phones (and carrier) on already.

Sprint 4G would be nice, but you'd have to make sure it is currently offered in your area. But there is also the point of Sprint's WiMax (what they are calling 4G) not truly being "4G", even though it is being advertised as such. I don't believe the standards for true 4G have been finalized yet.
    i have heard the same thing. i heard they are throttling it back. supposedly 4G is capable of a lot more than they are letting it to. not sure why they would do this, but i imagine they have their reasons.
  6. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droidzilla
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    They are waiting for Verizon's LTE merger to be finished, so they can figure out a way to piggyback off of Verizon to save money
    If you like what I do Follow me on twitter!

7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    Right now my DI is perfectly pocket sized. I thought the iphone was too big for pocket portability so I imagine this would be worse.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible

Re: Incredible vs. EVO 4G

i have heard the same thing. i heard they are throttling it back. supposedly 4G is capable of a lot more than they are letting it to. not sure why they would do this, but i imagine they have their reasons.
    Probably so they can charge a bogus premium for a "4G+" data connection lol

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    way to wide.. inc size is perfect.. plus the screen display is actually bigger than iphone.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonb View Post
    the incredible's snapdragon is not underclocked. it is 998mhz when fully clocked up. idle is 245. so it can run anywhere between 998 and 245.

the only thing better in my opinion is that it will run on 4G which can be a lot faster. verizon's 3g has proven pretty fast IMO. i have seen the HD2 and i think the HD2 and Evo 4G are to big. it will be one hell of a phone, but i'll keep my incredible.

verizon > Sprint
    I have to agree. The sound of a 4.3 screen sounds tempting but from looking at the HD2, it is way too massive. I think the 3.7 is perfect in size. Just thinking of putting that in my pocket would be interesting...

Also, I am very satisfied with Verizon's 3G, it is plenty fast for me for when I need it. I am a pretty patient person so I don't need instant fast everywhere I go.
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by ChansteR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonb View Post

verizon > Sprint
    I have to agree. The sound of a 4.3 screen sounds tempting but from looking at the HD2, it is way too massive. I think the 3.7 is perfect in size. Just thinking of putting that in my pocket would be interesting...

Also, I am very satisfied with Verizon's 3G, it is plenty fast for me for when I need it. I am a pretty patient person so I don't need instant fast everywhere I go.
    i think it's funny how a few years ago the craze was all about which phone was the smallest, now we are going back the opposite way again. i think the HTC Incredible is the perfect size. it feels great in my hands and in my pocket.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links