DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Htc Incredible Review

1. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member
    i don't think this was a "pay-off" review either; i just felt it was rushed for the sake of beating out other tech sites (*Ahem* gizmodo, etc)... but it was a good read nonetheless
    GTalk: mabramson1@gmail.com
    twitter: @m_abramson
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    In my opinion, I think what's happening is too many of these new phones are being created in each others vision more or less, so there are only slight differences that usually come down to user preference. I also call bs on this thing being way ahead of anything else. The only thing that stands out about it is the internal storage which apparently has quirks, and the 8MP camera. These two characteristics wont allow it to hold the top spot for much longer as all the new Android phones will likely include these things as well. We were all blown away to hear the Nexus One would have a 1Ghz processor, now all the new ones have that pretty much. I'd rather wait until my contract is up in like 15 months and get the next "milestone" in mobile technology vs. a small step forward today.
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BzB View Post
    ... automatic launch of navigation when in car dock....
    Is it known that the Droid Incredible does not have this function?

Tamm - Droid X

4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    The incredible uses a new kind of multitouch sensor that the nexus one/Droid don't have. The issues users are having with multitouch not registering properly is a hardware issue with our phones that is remedied on the incredible. Read up on it on Android and Me.

Fwiw, the incredibles software keyboard is really, really, really good. Better than the iPhones keyboard which means you dont need a hardware kb. That's pretty amazing to me. It lets you have a thinner phone. Easier to pocket. Plus, I'm hoping the incredibles headphone jack doesn't suck like the Motorola droids does.

I'm going with the incredible in July when I'm eligible for upgrade because I want a slimmer phone and because I love the sense ui and Widgets.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Re: Htc Incredible Review

Actually that article is talking about the touch sensor in older HTC phones. IIRC the Droid does not use the Maxtouch sensor they are referring to.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid :)
    damn it! now i want the incredible. i love my droid, but i really like sense UI.

i wonder how much like new droids are going for on ebay.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Looks good and all but will not purchase jus because its mada by HTC. Had previous motorola phones which were durable which brought me to the moto droid.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto X
    Arrrrgh! The ONLY thing holding me back from getting this phone is that it has NO forward facing camera like the Sprint EVO. Dang.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    Phone
    Moto X / 4.4
    I don't get why some people call the review a "Pay off"?

What? Were they supposed to hate the D.Inc? Android 2.1 is a good phone OS and this phone has the fastest stock processor that you can get for a phone. It has a high MP camera and a great network. There really isn't much to NOT like!

Specs-wise it is a step up from the MotoDroid and will be Verizon's poster child from here on out... Hate to break it to ya!

I like my Droid enough that I'm not tempted by it, which shows ME how strong the MotoDriod is as a mobile device. The only thing I never liked on my Droid is the keyboard, which some people swear by. I got over keyboards when I had an iPhone, and I don't use the one on my Droid for two reasons... It's a horrible, horrible, horrible keyboard, and I just don't miss keyboards.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweettooth View Post
    I'd rather wait until my contract is up in like 15 months and get the next "milestone" in mobile technology vs. a small step forward today.
    You're exactly right. I figure by the time my contract is up in 14 or so months wide-spread 4G, dual core phone CPUs, and (maybe) a low res projector will be the new norm. I'll hold what I've got.
    Last edited by Dusty; 04-20-2010 at 09:20 AM.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    i like this phone.. looks slim, no keys, nice UI.. and quick in the OS.. im all over this thing..

hopefully i can be content with this for a while.. since there are new phones popping up every other day..
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links