DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: What a crappy name

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3, Droid Incredible

What a crappy name

Really....Droid incredible? I really wish they would give a kick ass phone a good name. I understand from a sales point putting droid in the name but I will be leaving it out whenever i refer to it. I can think of tons of "Incredible" remarks to make when referring to it :P
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeepzor View Post
    Really....Droid incredible? I really wish they would give a kick ass phone a good name. I understand from a sales point putting droid in the name but I will be leaving it out whenever i refer to it. I can think of tons of "Incredible" remarks to make when referring to it :P
    Yeah, I think using the Droid in front of it is a selling point. If they just called it the incredible, nobody would know what they were talking about.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3, Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeepzor View Post
    Yeah, I think using the Droid in front of it is a selling point. If they just called it the incredible, nobody would know what they were talking about.
    Yea...but It would still be Incredible!
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    droid
    They probably want to get as much out of the licensing to Lucas as they can.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Inc
    One can't be too surprised. VZW's entire line of Android devices are considered "Droids." It's like having a BMW 3-series, 7-series, etc -- all part of the class.

I hope VZW changes the iPhone name to iPhart or iSuck or something like that once they get it.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I call dibs on the idea of a really crappy Verizon TV commercial that leverages the power of the ABC show "That's Incredible!" from the 1980s.
    Cathy Lee Crosby
    John Davidson
    err...
    ...those other people.
    I'd bet they'd love to get some money in the bank.
    Are they all still alive?
    If they're dead that could be a deal-breaker.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    They're seeking to capitalize on the huge advertising funds they've already spent on the droid. By linking the names (similarly as was done with the the Droid Eris) they're pulling what would otherwise be an unknown piece of hardware into what is a very well known and well-received family. Given the wide range of android manufacturers, this step towards the illusion on unification seems like a good idea, even if it results in some clunky names...

Also, this places a bit more focus on the OS itself, which can only be good for consumer awareness outside the gadget blog set...
    Last edited by shademar; 04-16-2010 at 12:15 AM.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I'm glad someone agrees. I think associating with "That's Incredible!" would be a logical extension for customers. I bet it'd cost less than getting Lucasfilm to make a tie-in featuring C3PO and R2D2 as well.

Links