DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much thinner/lighter is it than the Droid? Gorilla Glass?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    moto Droid/soon HTC incred
    Well i'll say this im in for the incredible this is my second round with the MD and although i feel it is one of the better phones i have ever delt with it is way too heavy! i have been waiting on the N1 for 6 months now and am done waiting, my only worry is accessories. i must have a belt clip and not the body glove...
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid ESE81
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTommy View Post
    Frankly, the last thing I want to do is get a brandy new untested, unbought, unrated, and unknown phone to replace my well tested, hugely bought, well rated and widely known (and loved) MotoDroid. That's like buying a Moto Droid on its first day out and living through all the growing pains all over again. I'll let you guinea pigs grab them up, live through all the trouble with non-working systems, bad apps, dead batteries, crashing operating systems, and DOA phones. When you get it all ironed out, give me a call and I might bite. Until then, I'll lurk in this section and see what's going on.

Cynical? Me? Naw. Old and experienced maybe, but cynical? Naw......

Not saying i disagree with you. I have thought about all those things as well. But isnt HTC a fairly good company to ensure that the phone is basically perfect for when it hits the market?
    HTC Incredible

**I have a full body Ghost-Armor kit for sale for a Motorola Droid, if you are interested, please PM me**
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Threepio View Post

Not saying i disagree with you. I have thought about all those things as well. But isnt HTC a fairly good company to ensure that the phone is basically perfect for when it hits the market?

Oh absolutely, but.... Motorola has a long standing name in the communications industry too - and look at the complaints. But then, I think most of the complaints come from the Droid system more than the phone. And all these phones are working off some version of "Droid", I think.
    Cleanse the gene pool,
    Stamp out warning labels.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid ESE81
    I guess your right, but any new electronic mobile device has problems when they are first introduced to the market. Its part of the game.

I guess its just up to the individual to determine the amount of risk they want to take from switching to a tried and tested device, to a new and unused device.

ooooh its tormenting i kno! the desire to have the latest and the greatest is always my weakness
    HTC Incredible

**I have a full body Ghost-Armor kit for sale for a Motorola Droid, if you are interested, please PM me**
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Threepio View Post
    ooooh its tormenting i kno! the desire to have the latest and the greatest is always my weakness
    Man, I'm with you on THAT one! I hate finally making a decision to buy something that I know within a month or so will be outdated and overshadowed by the latest and greatest (or greater) gizmo. I just have to know that I'm getting the 'greatest' RIGHT NOW, and worry about that other stuff later. Ha.

So now I'm just going to devote myself to making MY Droid the best Droid I can. Plus, I may quit reading these threads about other phones....
    Cleanse the gene pool,
    Stamp out warning labels.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid ESE81
    haha i just read a thread over on Android Central about soemone who had hands on experience with the Incredible....man o man made me drool.

Played with the Incredible Tonight - Android Central Forums
    HTC Incredible

7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTommy View Post
    Frankly, the last thing I want to do is get a brandy new untested, unbought, unrated, and unknown phone to replace my well tested, hugely bought, well rated and widely known (and loved) MotoDroid. That's like buying a Moto Droid on its first day out and living through all the growing pains all over again. I'll let you guinea pigs grab them up, live through all the trouble with non-working systems, bad apps, dead batteries, crashing operating systems, and DOA phones. When you get it all ironed out, give me a call and I might bite. Until then, I'll lurk in this section and see what's going on.

Cynical? Me? Naw. Old and experienced maybe, but cynical? Naw......
    *raises hand* second! (here here)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links