DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Update For Droid Incredible Today

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    motorola droid razr (stock)
    well now my phone is stuck in a boot loop after the screen times out, i looked down saw it rebooting thought weird, then the home screen came up, then it timed off after 15 seconds, what o got it set at, then reboot again, then again and again. looks like ill be getting my 7th droid inc
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    motorola droid razr (stock)
    Well didnt want to but had to do a factory restore. Seems ok now.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    This has been my only frustration with my htc inc. The loops I've had to jump through with the updates. Deleting apps to free up space when there is plenty of available space... Anyway, it has been a really nice phone, overall, and has sold me on android, for good. I don't think I'll bother with this update. I'm due for an upgrade, anyway.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    if you do the factor reset on the phone, do you have to get it reactivated. it's my work phone that's doing this and it's rebooting and I don't want to do it right now at 2am and have my phone out till I can get our phone person to fix it!
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    I have accepted the download and installed the update on my Incredible 1 and am having trouble. I have to open the case and take out the battery several times a day! (For instance I thought my recharger was shot - again - when it wasn't! The phone started charging fine once I removed the battery.) Is there a way to "uninstall" and then re-install? I do not want to reset to factory condition! I've already done that at the first of the year and had everything "backed" up just to find out that I couldn't reload the backups. Is there a way to do that as well? Thanks for your help!
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by cris View Post
    Well iv downloaded it but when it says rebootng, nothen happens. Iv forced the update 3 times and nothen happens.

edit: after google reading i found a trick that worked for me. its now rebooting with the new update. hopefully i wont get the out of space message.
    Could you reveal the "trick" you learned??? Thanks!
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr HD (Rooted 4.1.1)
    Quote Originally Posted by NCState78

Could you reveal the "trick" you learned??? Thanks!
    there was a fix for one of the other updates that finally worked for me. 1) enter the boot loader menu.
    2) clear the dalvik cache.
    3) boot up your phone.
    4) change the clock forward about one month manually in the settings (don't worry you can fix it after the update). You have to turn off the "auto" detect time feature.
    5) check for the update in the "check for update" in the "about phone" area of your settings and it should start updating properly.

Note that you'll need to clear as much space as you can. The thing that worked best for me then was uninstalling the updates for all the pre-installed apps that came with the phone, and especially ones like Google maps that take up a lot of room. This makes the loss of your personal data and apps minimal while getting the space needed for the update. Then you can redownload the updates later. Plus apps like facebook don't matter with deleting stuff since its all online and you just have to sign in to get back to business. Hope this helps!
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @MFerrill
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    My Dinc isn't my primary phone, In fact there isn't even service to it. I let the kids use it like a iPod or ill hook up Pandora while working around the house.

So I'm not gonna install this update so is there a way to permanently stop the status bar and pop-up notifications?

Thanks,

Mike
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr HD (Rooted 4.1.1)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAK3R
    My Dinc isn't my primary phone, In fact there isn't even service to it. I let the kids use it like a iPod or ill hook up Pandora while working around the house.

So I'm not gonna install this update so is there a way to permanently stop the status bar and pop-up notifications?

Thanks,

Mike
    Actually I would like to know the same thing. I don't use the services that the update is for and all the constant update box does is seem to run down my battery faster since it appeared. If I could make it disappear forever....

Sent from my Droid Incredible (2.3.4) on the Droid Forums app.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links