DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How TO Update to 2.3.4 (4.08.605.2) GUARANTEED

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible

How TO Update to 2.3.4 (4.08.605.2) GUARANTEED

Okay im new to this forum .I was reading over and over how to get the second update. and i see people still had problems. I finally did it last night.and i figured out the problem. (IVE DONE IT ON 2 DROID INCREDIBLES )
    1st. you should alredy have the first update 2.3.4 (4.06 xxxxx) which was like 80 mb. if not you can do it manually ,no root required (google it)
    then where most people are having problems is with the second update its about 8 mb.
    when i first got it.it downloaded it and restarted saying low memory so it cnt update.SO TO get throught that u must do this

2.move all apps possible.. to ur sd card (if ur apps rnt showing up.just unmount and remount the sd card)
    3delete ur yahoo.
    4.delete some messages from ur phone messages.try to have the least as possible.

keep doing that untill ur message that says low memory goes away

5. hold the power n cick restart. when it turns off hold powen n volume down button until u go into the sboot i think its called.
    then go down to restore. when u get the red errow thing. hold the power and the volume up button. a little menu comes up n click the LAST OPTION... t says erase phone catche ..something like that. AND then restart

6.when it starts up go to settings then date and time. uncheck atomatic.. then mess around with the date. sometimes it still atomatically goes back to the current date.. what i did was also change the month to october n the year 2012..mess aroun with it untill it stays.

7. go home.click phone type *#*#2432546#*#* IT WILL SAY CHECK IN SUCCESSFULL then go back to the date and time.. n mess with the date. i put it as november 2010.n i got the update. ive done it 5 times on 2 different phones.. it takes 5 minutes the most after ur messing with the date.

you will recive the update and it will restart and do its thing....if at the end u still get the low memory notification. just delete more messages from ur phone messages.(step 2-4) and REDO STEP 5 THROUGH 7... ive done this multiple times n it works.. updated 2 phones succesfuly after finally understanding this consept.
    Last edited by jovelster; 11-17-2011 at 01:44 PM.

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by jovelster View Post
    Okay im new to this forum .I was reading over and over how to get the second update. and i see people still had problems. I finally did it last night.and i figured out the problem. (IVE DONE IT ON 2 DROID INCREDIBLES )
    1st. you should alredy have the first update 2.3.4 (4.06 xxxxx) which was like 80 mb. if not you can do it manually ,no root required (google it)
    then where most people are having problems is with the second update its about 8 mb.
    when i first got it.it downloaded it and restarted saying low memory so it cnt update.SO TO get throught that u must do this

2.move all apps possible.. to ur sd card (if ur apps rnt showing up.just unmount and remount the sd card)
    3delete ur yahoo.
    4.delete some messages from ur phone messages.try to have the least as possible.

keep doing that untill ur message that says low memory goes away

5. hold the power n cick restart. when it turns off hold powen n volume down button until u go into the sboot i think its called.
    then go down to restore. when u get the red errow thing. hold the power and the volume up button. a little menu comes up n click the LAST OPTION... t says erase phone catche ..something like that. AND then restart

6.when it starts up go to settings then date and time. uncheck atomatic.. then mess around with the date. sometimes it still atomatically goes back to the current date.. what i did was also change the month to october n the year 2012..mess aroun with it untill it stays.

7. go home.click phone type *#*#2432546#*#* IT WILL SAY CHECK IN SUCCESSFULL then go back to the date and time.. n mess with the date. i put it as november 2010.n i got the update. ive done it 5 times on 2 different phones.. it takes 5 minutes the most after ur messing with the date.

you will recive the update and it will restart and do its thing....if at the end u still get the low memory notification. just delete more messages from ur phone messages.(step 2-4) and REDO STEP 5 THROUGH 7... ive done this multiple times n it works.. updated 2 phones succesfuly after finally understanding this consept.
    I can get it to attempt the update easily but it hangs up when it is supposed to reboot. It just won't finish the install. What gives?
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible

@nate39

Does it give you the "not enough memory to install" notification at the end??? that hapened to me .just delete more things untill it lets you.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Actually I had to do the "clear cache" procedure posted on another thread twice and it finally updated, thanks
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    Jovelster, amazing post. I went through all forums for droid, HTC customer support and Tier 1 support, and Verizon Customer service,Tier 1 AND Tier 2 and no one was able to help me solve re-installing the second version of the OTA update. I didn't hit the low memory error, I had some other problem that caused the OTA to crash. Tier 1 at HTC told me they were pushing a third OTA maintenance update that would overwrite the first two OTA's and would solve all problems. But Verizon Tier 2 told me it was such a big patch that they were pushing it out 20K customers at a time and they had no way to push it to me directly. So, with my phone exhibiting all kinds of crash and malfunctions, I was told to just it and wait because my "baseband" version had been changed and there was no way to reexecute the second OTA. Until now. Phone upgraded to 4.08 on android 2.3.4.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid incredible
    Mine said check in failed?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible

@buddysharp

4.08 is the newest one.I wasent aware of another update ..but ur saying its just a bunlde of the 2 updates..so i probably wont get it... so if u alredy haave 4.08 (the second update) ... u still have problems with ur phone? mine works perfectly.everything is much faster... batter life always sucked..so kinda the same..on my brothers droid tho..he tells me the screen turns on by it self in the night...like some excorsist thing. lol.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible

@drakerocksu

I wasent aware you could have a check in failed... i never got that.. try restarting the phone?
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible

@buddysharp

Nevermind I got you!. lol.
    Im glad I helped.
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid inc
    i click restart and install and my phone doesn't restart same with my sisters tried at least 5 times i deleted all messages all email accounts and apps is here no manual update for this one yet ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links