DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How TO Update to 2.3.4 (4.08.605.2) GUARANTEED

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID 1
    Quote Originally Posted by r0ckinricky View Post
    i click restart and install and my phone doesn't restart same with my sisters tried at least 5 times i deleted all messages all email accounts and apps is here no manual update for this one yet ?
    My wifes has this same problem. She picks to install the update but the phone never reboots itself.

Anyone have an idea about this?
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible

Will not reboot.

I have the same issue. The update comes down and I tap the button that says Reboot and Install and the phone never reboots. I've called Verizon and they don't know what to do about it.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    I have the same problem with the rebooting.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    This article solves the issue of the phone not rebooting:
    Second GB Update/Patch Won't Reboot Issue - SOLVED! - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

This article shows ways to get the update message again:
    For those who want the second GB update/patch - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Option 3 ended up being the one that worked for me.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    jovelster was right on!
    After weeks of waiting for (an unspecified) bug fix and searching through countless threads, I tried the instructions in the beginning of this post (again).
    Even though though my phone's internal memory appeared to be relatively empty (over 75% free in all areas), I continued to get the "Low Space" messages if I tried to install the update. Also, like others in this thread, after a failed update, the next attempt to update would not reboot the phone like it is supposed to.
    The root problem did appear to be memory though. After I (finally) deleted all of my text messages, I was able to follow
    jovelster's instructions and successfully complete the update to 2.3.4/4.0.8.605.2.
    Be patient and persistent with the instructions. I followed them exactly as stated in the front of this post. Each attempt I had to change the date (Nov. 9, 2012 worked for me - finding a date that would stay was probably the most frustrating part), restart into the Boot menu and wipe the cache partition (this is the part that allows the next upgrade attempt to actually do the reboot), then send the 'check-in' code.
    Initially, I deleted messages until the blasted 'Low Space' icon disappeared. That did not do it, I continued to get the Low space message when trying to update until I deleted ALL of my text messages. Truth be told, I probably should have tried deleting messages to/from my wife first, as that was the longest thread by far.
    Anyway.. all of this to say, Thank you to
    jovelster!
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible

My phone reboots, but it won't install.

I did the recovery clear cache thing to let the update install on my phone. After I did that, I clicked the update and clicked for it to install and my phone turned off as it should. The black screen with the phone and the green reboot sign came up as it usually should, but then a red question mark appeard and it didn't install. Then it my phone turned off, and the the white screen with Droid Incredible came on, and then my phone turned on. My phone has Android version 2.3.4. I got 2.3.4 off the Internet. Can you guys help me out?
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    I finally got the new update (4.08.605.2) without any special shortcuts. I did try jovelsters directions at first and everything seemed to work until it said at the very end that i didnt have enough space. I proceeded to delete all of my text messages and emails, then tried the following (figuring that maybe i just needed more space on my phone to install the update normally):
    1. Move all apps that you can to the SD card
    2. I had to delete ALL of the text messages and email messages.
    3. Change the date on your phone at least one month ahead (will have to uncheck the "automatic" date and time) in settings. I'm not sure if this step is absolutely necessary but it's what i did.
    4. Go to settings>about phone>system updates. i clicked on the new 4.08.605.2 update and it did its own thing, restarted on its own

Hope this helps
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links