DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: When is the Gingerbread update for Droid Incredible?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global

When is the Gingerbread update for Droid Incredible?

I recently just got the update to install GB on my D2G. My husband uses a Droid Incredible and is still on froyo. Has there been a GB update for the Droid Incredible yet? Thanks.

3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid pro
    there is 55 pages discussing this already...pls look before starting up another

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by Timar99 View Post
    there is 55 pages discussing this already...pls look before starting up another

Thanks, Junior Droid, for POSTING THAT LINK. Before posting on another thread in which you decide to correct someone, pls include the link. 55 pages....you couldn't find it easily enough to include?
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Twitter
    enlightenedlg
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    Premium Member
    The 55 page thread is directly above/ below yours in this section- not hard to find. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...-3-update.html
    Visit DF's sister site, http://www.incredibleforum.com, for even more great Incredible tips!
    Useful links:
    * How to Root Your Incredible * How to Unroot Your Incredible * Flashing ROMs Tutorial
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by enlightened View Post
    The 55 page thread is directly above/ below yours in this section- not hard to find. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...-3-update.html
    I know this as "Gingerbread", not 2.3. So why would I know to look at some 55 page thread whose title doesn't have the word "Gingerbread"?

Maybe you're a kid or adult who knows the lingo; I don't. I do expect that if I ask a question, I anticipate that those who respond will be helpful and not falsely pedantic. If I can help someone, I do. Enlightening, isn't it?
  7. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs EB View Post
    I know this as "Gingerbread", not 2.3. So why would I know to look at some 55 page thread whose title doesn't have the word "Gingerbread"?

Maybe you're a kid or adult who knows the lingo; I don't. I do expect that if I ask a question, I anticipate that those who respond will be helpful and not falsely pedantic. If I can help someone, I do. Enlightening, isn't it?
    Calm down there. No need for the hostility. Most likely if you've heard Gingerbread, you've read it as 2.3, but Gingerbread sticks with you.

Word is it's supposed to be released "very soon", but those have been empty words from Vzw the past couple months.
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Twitter
    enlightenedlg
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    Premium Member
    Mrs EB, cut the attitude right now. It's uncalled for.
    Visit DF's sister site, http://www.incredibleforum.com, for even more great Incredible tips!
    Useful links:
    * How to Root Your Incredible * How to Unroot Your Incredible * Flashing ROMs Tutorial
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by enlightened View Post
    Mrs EB, cut the attitude right now. It's uncalled for.
    What attitude? I received a snotty comment FROM YOU that I should have searched first as though I did not and then you didn't even INCLUDE the link. THAT is just plain rude and needs to be corrected ASAP. Then I'm supposed to know that 2.3 = Gingerbread? I think YOU ought to evaluate the rude attitude YOU HAVE to those of us who aren't technically savvy.

Quote Originally Posted by dezymond
    Most likely if you've heard Gingerbread, you've read it as 2.3, but Gingerbread sticks with you.

Word is it's supposed to be released "very soon", but those have been empty words from Vzw the past couple months.
    No I never knew that. Thank you for letting me know about the "very soon" release time. We'll see how soon that is. Thanks.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid pro
    ok, since I apparently came off as rude...ill try and make peace, sorry for not posting a link, didn't know I needed to and did not mean to sound offensive...everyone good now? thanks

11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs EB View Post
    What attitude? I received a snotty comment FROM YOU that I should have searched first as though I did not and then you didn't even INCLUDE the link. THAT is just plain rude and needs to be corrected ASAP. Then I'm supposed to know that 2.3 = Gingerbread? I think YOU ought to evaluate the rude attitude YOU HAVE to those of us who aren't technically savvy.

No I never knew that. Thank you for letting me know about the "very soon" release time. We'll see how soon that is. Thanks.
    Chill Mrs EB. Do you think having that kind of attitude will help you find your answer? Enlightened is right. Each update has a code name, 2.3 is gingerbread. It should be coming very soon. No need to flip out over a comment.

The most incredible, incredible!

Links