DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Dinc Gingerbread 2.3.4 Google Talk Constant FC!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible ADR6300

Dinc Gingerbread 2.3.4 Google Talk Constant FC!

i got the gingerbread update this morning and everything seems to work great except for the fact that Google Talk won't even open! It literally flashes the Google Talk sign in screen and goes back to the home screen. is anyone else having this issue?!? this is very frustrating!!

3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    DInc
    I too updated my DInc to Gingerbread today and found Google Talk will not start. No error. just the Talk splash screen and then back to the app drawer. The version of Talk installed on my phone is 1.3. Should that have been updated along with everything else?
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    The update didn't come through to my phone yet. Still running stock 2.2 but my Google talk version is also 1.3 so that didn't change with the update. I may hold off on the update if this problem isn't addressed because I use talk to chat with my fiance at her work computer.

Sent from Droid Incredible
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible ADR6300
    so this is what i found out...apparently there is also a big issue going on with the "low on storage" notification coming up when there really is storage. When "fixed" that, google chat and gmail syncing and everything else worked fine. There was also a problem with the apps on our SD cards not initializing until you unmount then remount it, for some reason when you restarted the phone it wouldn't automatically recognize the apps until you did that. This is what I found out that worked to correct that problem:

1.) I moved all app's from the SD card to the phone.
    2.) I hard booted the phone (turned off and removed battery).
    3.) I then tested a couple of app's by moving them back to the SD card.
    4.) I hard booted the phone again.
    5.) The app's did show up as normal, but it did takes a few minutes. I have to assume that these will appear quicker as the software (OS) settles in.

So, it seems that this worked.

Lego

sorry i dunno how to cite that guy from another forum but i do want to give him credit.

So i think somewhere between moving it to your phone and then back on the SD card it corrected itself where the /data/data space doesn't fill itself with unnecessary files...at least thats what i'm hoping...
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    I hate the update! Programs have been force closing everywhere-gmail, swype (had to uninstall it-that's how bad it got), app store, android market, and other random apps needed force closing where this was not a problem before. My music doesn't pause anymore when I get a text (not a big deal, but I liked the pausing for a couple seconds). Some apps got deleted and had to re-install them. I REALLY want to uninstall this update unless they fix the bugs in the next day or two. But not sure how to uninstall. Sigh. The battery seems to last longer but it takes longer to charge as well. Also the "low memory" symbol is back on the notification bar and I had just gotten rid of it. AHHFHDHAHSDFADS. Help me uninstall so I can have my slower but usable phone back! How do I uninstall?
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Twitter
    enlightenedlg
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamtomorrow View Post
    I hate the update! Programs have been force closing everywhere-gmail, swype (had to uninstall it-that's how bad it got), app store, android market, and other random apps needed force closing where this was not a problem before. My music doesn't pause anymore when I get a text (not a big deal, but I liked the pausing for a couple seconds). Some apps got deleted and had to re-install them. I REALLY want to uninstall this update unless they fix the bugs in the next day or two. But not sure how to uninstall. Sigh. The battery seems to last longer but it takes longer to charge as well. Also the "low memory" symbol is back on the notification bar and I had just gotten rid of it. AHHFHDHAHSDFADS. Help me uninstall so I can have my slower but usable phone back! How do I uninstall?
    Please don't double post. I responded in the new thread you created.
    Visit DF's sister site, http://www.incredibleforum.com, for even more great Incredible tips!
    Useful links:
    * How to Root Your Incredible * How to Unroot Your Incredible * Flashing ROMs Tutorial
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid incredible
    Weird. My apps started force closing before I even had the update installed. I was still downloading it and my phone started freaking out. I've spent the last two days uninstalling and reinstalling ALL my downloaded apps. None of them worked. Besides that I kinda like the update. My phone seems faster.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    DInc

Dinc low space notification

I also have been getting the low space notification. I just figured it was an added "feature ". I will try your suggestion as I have been having the same issues that you listed. I've been looking for an excuse to wipe the phone and start anew. This just might be my opportunity.

Thanks for the post.

Quote Originally Posted by flipboi120 View Post
    so this is what i found out...apparently there is also a big issue going on with the "low on storage" notification coming up when there really is storage. When "fixed" that, google chat and gmail syncing and everything else worked fine. There was also a problem with the apps on our SD cards not initializing until you unmount then remount it, for some reason when you restarted the phone it wouldn't automatically recognize the apps until you did that. This is what I found out that worked to correct that problem:

1.) I moved all app's from the SD card to the phone.
    2.) I hard booted the phone (turned off and removed battery).
    3.) I then tested a couple of app's by moving them back to the SD card.
    4.) I hard booted the phone again.
    5.) The app's did show up as normal, but it did takes a few minutes. I have to assume that these will appear quicker as the software (OS) settles in.

So, it seems that this worked.

Lego

sorry i dunno how to cite that guy from another forum but i do want to give him credit.

So i think somewhere between moving it to your phone and then back on the SD card it corrected itself where the /data/data space doesn't fill itself with unnecessary files...at least thats what i'm hoping...
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    I had the problem with the low storage message after the GB update. After reading your post I went into my application settings and looked at what apps are on the sd card. Thing is, when I clicked on them most said "Move to sd card" even though it said they were already there. So I clicked the button to move them to the SD card and my low storage message went away. Basically the same as you said, but I didn't have to move them to the phone first. We'll see if it lasts.

Links