DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help! Droid incredible in boot loop

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Help! Droid incredible in boot loop

Hey everyone,
    my mom has a droid incredible. she emails me saying it just keeps rebooting.
    I got the phone from her and can not get it to stop. The phone has never been rooted. After a battery pull it will sit there with the red notification light on. if i try to power it on it goes into the loop.
    any ideas?

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Moto X... The Game?
    She probably tried to do an update on a low battery and it was half way there. Did you try pulling the sd card? Try that... are there any sbf files for your phone? Idk cause I'm a moto droid so I wouldn't know...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I pulled SD card same thing. I tried booting while charing. I dont think they have updated the incredible in a while. ill check the sd card and see whats there when I get a chance
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Toro)
    Just do a factory restore and be done with it.

Hopefully she has a Google Acct and has all her contact info sync'd so she can retrieve that info after resetting. This should leave any info on the SD card untouched, so you're safe there.

Pull battery so the phone will be completely off with no rebooting.
    Hold the "Volume Down" button down and then press power. Once the screen loads you'll see a white screen with print and some options. Choose Factory Reset and just follow the self-explanatory steps.

Once the process is finished the phone should look like it did when you first bought it. Enter in all your Google Acct info, get it all resync'd, then hop on your PC/Mac/Linux box. Now you can go to the Android Market, log her into her Google Acct, and click the "My Market Account" link at the top. That will give you a list of her most recently installed apps (including purchased apps...you don't have to re-buy them). Once there, start clicking on the Apps you want to reinstall and choose the "Install" option. If it says "INSTALLED" click it anyway to re-install it. If she is logged into her Google Acct on the phone, then her DInc will start downloading the app without her having to do all the searching on the phone itself. Save ya about 2hrs of searching.

Good luck, li'l homie!
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    did the factory reset all is good thanks guys
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible ADR3600

Angry DInc's BOOT LOOP of DEATH SUCKS & I'VE HAD IT!!!!!

doing a factory reset isn't doing jack anything. it's just resetting your phone so that you lose everything and have to do everything over that just took a month or more to set up and once again by the time you finish setting this one up it will crap out again just like it did before and then you have to go through the same bs again!!!! i've gone through it 3 times now and i'm done. i don't have the time or patience to deal with this every couple months and no matter what i try to do i still seem to end up losing things. maybe if i had someone that knew ANYTHING about these phones they could show me what to do and then i wouldn't lose my stuff and it would be easy but there's nobody around here that knows how to even pick their noses let alone fix phones/computers!!! it really sucks and verizon needs to do something for me other than trying to give me another one of these POS phones!!! cuz i hate it & that's not gonna solve the problem!!!!!
    Last edited by hookbill; 02-25-2011 at 03:04 AM.
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Inc
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicLuvaMEG View Post
    doing a factory reset isn't doing jack anything. it's just resetting your phone so that you lose everything and have to do everything over that just took a month or more to set up and once again by the time you finish setting this one up it will crap out again just like it did before and then you have to go through the same bs again!!!! i've gone through it 3 times now and i'm done. i don't have the time or patience to deal with this every couple months and no matter what i try to do i still seem to end up losing things. maybe if i had someone that knew ANYTHING about these phones they could show me what to do and then i wouldn't lose my stuff and it would be easy but there's nobody around here that knows how to even pick their noses let alone fix phones/computers!!! it really sucks and verizon needs to do something for me other than trying to give me another one of these POS phones!!! cuz i hate it & that's not gonna solve the problem!!!!!
    Why not just get the phone replaced??? Why does it have to be a pos phone
    Last edited by hookbill; 02-25-2011 at 03:05 AM.
  9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jstafford1 View Post
    Because just like so many others before him he can't figure out how to use his Incredible so he registers here to gripe and complain. He has no interest I'n figuring out what's wrong with the phone or more likely why he is making user errors. He just wants to complain.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Because just like so many others before him he can't figure out how to use his Incredible so he registers here to gripe and complain. He has no interest I'n figuring out what's wrong with the phone or more likely why he is making user errors. He just wants to complain.
    +1 but you're supposed to say.....

Member #
    Phone
    Droid Inc
    Quote Originally Posted by poontab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post

+1 but you're supposed to say.....

+1 Lmao
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links