DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Pre Installed Apps!!!

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible

Pre Installed Apps!!!

Sorry if this has been answered, (but i'm an idiot) when it comes to the Droid!!! How do I get rid of (Delete) Pre installed apps? Any advice is much appreciated! (Droid Incredible user)!
  2. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    root and delete. That simple.
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimster View Post
    root and delete. That simple.
    Uhhh, "Root"? Is their an app for that? A Process i have to go through? No disrespect my friend, but, I dont what "root and delete" means!!! If you have some time, can you give me the procedure? Much Thanks and Respect!!!!
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Phone
    DX > SGS3
    Do a forum search for root. It opens up the phone allowing for customization. It also voids your warranty. The benefits tend to outweigh the risks tho.

(from Beka's DX)
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    RyanPm40
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Rooting can be very risky if you do not know what your'e doing. It is like jailbreaking an ipod/iphone. You hack it so that you can gain full access to the entire phone. You can customize it, alter cpu speeds, and delete apps, files, and data that you otherwise couldn't if your phone is just running the stock operating system.

It does void your warranty, and if you do something to break it, you will not be able to get a replacement or a fix from verizon, unless you are able to get into it an unroot it.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by Beka27 View Post
    Do a forum search for root. It opens up the phone allowing for customization. It also voids your warranty. The benefits tend to outweigh the risks tho.

(from Beka's DX)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanPm40 View Post
    Rooting can be very risky if you do not know what your'e doing. It is like jailbreaking an ipod/iphone. You hack it so that you can gain full access to the entire phone. You can customize it, alter cpu speeds, and delete apps, files, and data that you otherwise couldn't if your phone is just running the stock operating system.

It does void your warranty, and if you do something to break it, you will not be able to get a replacement or a fix from verizon, unless you are able to get into it an unroot it.
    Thanks for the replies, all I want to do is delete some pre- installed apps, like "Stock", "Amazon MP3", and "Skype"! Can I do that?
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    After rooting you could but it's best to "Freeze" them instead of actually deleting them because I think you need them for updates. The paid version for an app called Titanium Backup allows you to freeze apps. Or there are ROMs that are bloatware free.

Liberated Droid II
    Shoot for the moon, if you miss you're still amongst those stars.
  8. Incredible RS
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderz37 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beka27 View Post

(from Beka's DX)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanPm40 View Post

Thanks for the replies, all I want to do is delete some pre- installed apps, like "Stock", "Amazon MP3", and "Skype"! Can I do that?
    Deleting pre-loaded apps require that you root your phone first. If you are not familiar with this, do some research first and know what you are getting into.

When you are ready to root then follow the instructions in this tutorial, How to root stock 2.2 using unrEVOked 3.32.
    Need help with your HTC Droid Incredible? Visit DF's sister site, Incredible Forum, at http://www.incredibleforum.com.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible

re

Personally I just used Apps Organizer and made a label for those apps called 'Never Used'. I organized all my apps and then put a shortcut to Apps Organizer on my home page, I seldom use my apps drawer.

Apps Organizer - Android app on AppBrain

Links