Does your HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE have a cracked or broken screen? Instead of spending the money buying a new phone consider repairing the device with a replacement part. With this in depth guide you can replace a busted touch screen digitizer, LCD screen, or an important internal component. The guide will take you through step-by-step how to disassemble the device in order to complete the necessary repair, and have your Droid Incredible 4G LTE working like new again.
This repair guide will help install the following HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE part(s):
- HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE LCD + Touch Screen Replacement
- HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE Touch Screen Digitizer
- HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE LCD Screen
- Other Components
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- Torx T5 Screwdriver
- Adhesive Strips (For Touch Screen Repairs)
All of these parts and tools for the HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE can be found at our online store at www.RepairsUniverse.com
HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE Take Apart Guide:
- Begin by making sure the device is completely powered off.
- Then start by removing the back battery cover. Beneath the cover you will find and remove the battery, sim card, and memory card.
- Using a Torx T5 Screwdriver remove the seven (7) screws (highlighted in red in Figure 1.1).
- With the screws removed, you can now remove the first layer of the back housing (Figure 1.2).
- Next you will use a Safe Open Pry Tool to remove the second layer of the back housing. Use the pry tool to release the clips that hold the housing (Figure 1.3).
- Now you will unscrew two (2) more screws (highlighted in red) using your Torx T5 Screwdriver (Figure 1.4). Note that a metal shield will be removed when you unscrew the lower screw.
- Use a pry tool to release and lift away the vibrate motor (highlighted in purple in Figure 2.1).
- From this point you can now swing open (to the right) the motherboard (Figure 2.2), which exposes two more jaw connectors to be released (highlighted in green).
- With the connectors released you can now remove the motherboard.
- Now use either a blow dryer (on medium heat) or a heat gun (on low heat) to warm up the adhesive that holds the front screen assembly to the front housing (Figure 2.3). Use quick movements on the front and back of the screen for about 30 seconds on each side.
- After the adhesive has been loosened, use the pry tool to begin prying away the screen assembly from the front housing. It is helpful if you begin by prying underneath the slots in the housing (Figure 2.4). If necessary, apply more heat to the adhesive as you may encounter some stubborn areas and the assembly is secured firmly.
- Continue to separate the screen assembly from the front housing. Wedge the pry tool between the two and shim your way around the sides and edges (Figure 3.1). Be patient during this process as it will take a significant amount of prying before the parts can be separated.
- Once all the adhesive is released you can then separate the screen assembly from the front housing (Figure 3.2). Finally, you can now replace the front screen assembly.
- To reassemble your device simply reverse the steps in this guide.
Please Note: this repair guide is for informational and instructional purposes only. Please perform this repair at your own risk.