DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Anybody else disappointed?

  1. Droid
    thebeeobee's Avatar
    Member #
    259400
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    89
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #11
    You can't make a 4 inch HD screen! You know how small everything would be!? It would make no sense!

    Take your PC monitor and turn it up to max resolution...notice how all of the icons on your desktop and text get super tiny? THAT is the reason it isn't HD. That's all that HD refers to...pixels.

    You guys that are whining about not having an HD screen are falling for some marketing mumbo jumbo and not really thinking about what it means.
  2. Master Droid
    t35rk's Avatar
    Member #
    240981
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    273
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by thebeeobee
    You can't make a 4 inch HD screen! You know how small everything would be!? It would make no sense!

    Take your PC monitor and turn it up to max resolution...notice how all of the icons on your desktop and text get super tiny? THAT is the reason it isn't HD. That's all that HD refers to...pixels.

    You guys that are whining about not having an HD screen are falling for some marketing mumbo jumbo and not really thinking about what it means.
    I can watch say NBA highlights on the Rezound or Spectrum and can notice an obvious difference vs a non HD screen. I would think there would also be a positive difference on a 4" HD screen. Besides watching sports on a non hd screen I doubt I care. I want a nice screen that is much better than the Rezound's when viewing outside. The LG Lucid's 4" screen fits the bill. Hope this qhd does too.
  3. Senior Droid
    KayIslandDrunk's Avatar
    Member #
    239100
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    143
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by thebeeobee
    You can't make a 4 inch HD screen! You know how small everything would be!? It would make no sense!

    Take your PC monitor and turn it up to max resolution...notice how all of the icons on your desktop and text get super tiny? THAT is the reason it isn't HD. That's all that HD refers to...pixels.

    You guys that are whining about not having an HD screen are falling for some marketing mumbo jumbo and not really thinking about what it means.
    I disagree, just because the resolution is higher doesn't mean your icons have to be smaller. Icons do have the ability to change size you know.

    Not to mention that the iPhone has a resolution of 960 x 640 on a 3.5" screen. You're telling me that you can't get 720p on a screen that's a half inch larger? Not to mention I don't hear too many iPhone kiddies screaming about icon size.
  4. Super Moderator
    jntdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    6110
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    6,438
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by t35rk View Post
    I can watch say NBA highlights on the Rezound or Spectrum and can notice an obvious difference vs a non HD screen. I would think there would also be a positive difference on a 4" HD screen. Besides watching sports on a non hd screen I doubt I care. I want a nice screen that is much better than the Rezound's when viewing outside. The LG Lucid's 4" screen fits the bill. Hope this qhd does too.
    I'm afraid the reason you can't see it outside is the fact that it's SLCD, not the resolution or size - so that likely won't change with the Inc 4G.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

    Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  5. Master Droid
    t35rk's Avatar
    Member #
    240981
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    273
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid

    I'm afraid the reason you can't see it outside is the fact that it's SLCD, not the resolution or size - so that likely won't change with the Inc 4G.
    The screen on the Rezound also doesn't get that bright. It's a wait and see on any new screen.
  6. Master Droid
    t35rk's Avatar
    Member #
    240981
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    273
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by KayIslandDrunk

    I disagree, just because the resolution is higher doesn't mean your icons have to be smaller. Icons do have the ability to change size you know.

    Not to mention that the iPhone has a resolution of 960 x 640 on a 3.5" screen. You're telling me that you can't get 720p on a screen that's a half inch larger? Not to mention I don't hear too many iPhone kiddies screaming about icon size.
    I agree, but think you are getting to Hung up on stats. Just because a screen is hd doesn't make it better than one that is not. The Rezound's screen definitely has flaws. Blacks aren't too black, is an energy hog, poor outside, pinkish background, not bright enough etc. I favor my Dinc 1's lcd over it.

    You need to wait and see it with your own eyes.
  7. Senior Droid
    shockracer's Avatar
    Member #
    160973
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Northern, CO
    Posts
    114
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8!
    #17
    I'm not impressed with the Dinc 4g, and I came from the Dinc1 and 2. To much hype on the S4 chip, all that chip does is allow Verizon to put more bloat Sh!t on it then they do right now. For the Dinc 4g to even have the Incredible name it should have had at least 1080p, 1.5 or 2 ram, and a 10mp camera. In my book it is a big failure, and if HTC put out phones that have old technology (like the IPhone) they are going to be bottom barrel company, I'm vary disappointed in them!
  8. Master Droid
    DroidBoardr's Avatar
    Member #
    255232
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    372
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Rezound/ Galaxy S3/ Galaxy S4
    #18
    We learn now that this phone wont have the latest imagesense technology, so is this the same camera that is on the Rezound, or is the Rezound a better camera? (Dual flash is definitely an advantage)
  9. Junior Droid
    vet2be's Avatar
    Member #
    265179
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    19
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    #19
    Count me among those disappointed. A couple of months ago, I began searching for info on the Droid Incredible 4G LTE and was very impressed and excited by the specifications I found. Now it seems that Verizon has taken what the phone was originally going to be, and souped it down. I actually prefer a smaller 4-inch screen, so as long as it's as sharp as HD resolution is on a bigger screen, that it is not HD won't bother me. What does concern me is that it seems like it will have an inferior camera, and that it won't have an abundance of RAM. I have to wonder if Verizon did this to get more people to buy the iPhone 5 when it comes out.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Caesars's Avatar
    Member #
    251834
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,162
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX
    #20
    No offense to anyone,, but the stuff we read/talk about in this thread doesn't matter to a majority of the customers lol. I would assume this phone is a 4g alternative to the other GIANT screens that many people just don't want in a phone.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Disappointed
    By 021adam in forum Bugless
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-16-2011, 05:10 PM
  2. Disappointed?
    By iamkimosabi in forum Motorola Droid Bionic
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-11-2011, 11:03 AM
  3. Anyone else disappointed in CES
    By IamGov in forum Samsung Fascinate
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-06-2011, 10:21 PM
  4. new and disappointed
    By bleigh in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-07-2010, 03:31 PM
  5. Very disappointed!
    By Ricowan in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-10-2009, 08:14 PM

Search tags for this page

droid incredible 3 release date
,

droid incredible 4g

,
droid incredible 4g release date
,

droid razr hd

,
htc incredible 4g release date
,

incredible 3 release date

,

incredible 4g

,

incredible 4g release date

,

rezound or incredible 4g

,
rezound vs incredible 4g
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+