DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone has to know something!!!!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Someone has to know something!!!!

I have been trying get answers but no one seems to have a clue. I have a rooted Inc 2..... months ago it starting getting to where none of the apps would update themselves. I could not even manually get them to update. Because of this apps have begun to act weird and not work properly. Now my phone wont even bring up the keypad when I tap the 'phone' button. If someone calls it will ring but it gives me some message about google something or other failed and then a 'forceclose' button. The phone is becoming worthless real quick!! Doesnt anyone have a clue??
    I have rebooted, I have pulled the battery, I have done everything I have read about in various forums..... again, I am rooted.... what can be done??

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Sounds like things are going downhill quickly. I am posting so someone will see this and jump in the ring with you. Good luck!

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    What I would suggest would be to write down the names of all apps you have, but up your contacts with Google or Backup Assistant (whichever you prefer), backup anything you need, and do a factory data reset and start from scratch.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
    OG Droid: Rooted running Steel Droid V10.0 [Retired]
    Droid 2: Rooted running CM9 [Retired]
    Droid 3: Rooted running Minimoto [Active]

I rarely use DF on the desktop and mainly use Tapatalk, so if I don't or can't see something in your sig, a vid, or a pic, don't blame me!!!
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible 2
    One of my previous Inc.2s had this same issue called Verizon turned out to be a hardware issue. For you it may be a little difficult as to being rooted so a replacement may be in order if possible hope this helps.

Sent from myDroid Incredible 2 using Droid Forums
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Ok, so if I do a factory reset, will this cause issues since its rooted? I also have Titanium backup, will I be able to restore everything from it?
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    118 times
    Phone
    RAZR HD
    You say you are rooted, are you using a ROM? If not, why not? What's the point of rooting and not ROM'ing? lol My opinion.
    Try a ROM on that bad boy....
    The Incredible HD one is pretty good.

This is why I stopped rooting. I swear it caused more issues then it was worth. It was fun... but something always just didn't quite work right.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Ok, so could it be that the phone is acting weird because I have not done a rom? Just curious. Also where can I find the 'how to' for a good rom...say the HD one u mentioned. Its rooted cause I like the backup feature.
    Also if I do a master reset, will I have issues since its rooted? Can I get back the things that are backed up in Titanium??
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    118 times
    Phone
    RAZR HD
    One you are rooted and have a recovery installing, ROM'ing is easy breezy. I assume you have ClockWork Mod recovery installed?
    You just download a ROM to your SDCard and install it from Clockwork.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jdfet View Post
    Ok, so could it be that the phone is acting weird because I have not done a rom? Just curious. Also where can I find the 'how to' for a good rom...say the HD one u mentioned. Its rooted cause I like the backup feature.
    Also if I do a master reset, will I have issues since its rooted? Can I get back the things that are backed up in Titanium??
    Doing an FDR will not cause issues. Yes, you can restore the things that are backed up with TiBu. That's the point with using TiBu. Just redownload it from the market after the FDR then do a batch resore.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
    OG Droid: Rooted running Steel Droid V10.0 [Retired]
    Droid 2: Rooted running CM9 [Retired]
    Droid 3: Rooted running Minimoto [Active]

I rarely use DF on the desktop and mainly use Tapatalk, so if I don't or can't see something in your sig, a vid, or a pic, don't blame me!!!
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Ok, did the restore....a few times. Cannot get Gmail to work. When I hit the gmail app, the screen turns white and then goes back to the app screen. Same thing for the 'market' app. Soooo I cant get phone numbers to reload....
    Ideas?
    By the way, I sure appreciate the help...I thought my phone was a gonner! Thanks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links