DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HTC Incredible 2 needs help

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    incredible 2

HTC Incredible 2 needs help

My daughters phone was dead. When I went to charge it, all that is on the screen is a red triangle with a red exclamation point on it. I'm sure that's not a good sign. It won't do anything. Can anyone help?
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrack View Post
    My daughters phone was dead. When I went to charge it, all that is on the screen is a red triangle with a red exclamation point on it. I'm sure that's not a good sign. It won't do anything. Can anyone help?
    Having this moved to the Inc2 section.

Have you rooted it or done any sort of custom ROMs on it? Sounds like a recovery error, which is why I'm asking that first...

If not, try holding down volume-down and powering it on - that should get you to a white screen with various colors of text. If you can get to that, I'll be curious what it says along the top (S-off/S-on, hboot version, etc.).
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    incredible 2
    No, we haven't done anything to it. And thank you, I obviously don't know how to use this site very well either. lol
    Tried it, still nothing
    Last edited by jbrack; 03-19-2012 at 09:08 AM.
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    No, we haven't done anything to it. And thank you, I obviously don't know how to use this site very well either. lol
    No worries at all! Did you buy the phone from Verizon or from someone/somewhere else?

To try getting into the bootloader, do this...
    • Make sure it's fully powered off (might not hurt to pull the battery for a few seconds as sometimes "fastboot" will keep it in a sleep state, so to speak)
    • After the battery is back in, hold down volume-down, then press and hold power (while still holding volume-down). Hopefully after a few seconds (maybe a little longer) a screen comes on with a white background.
    • If that works, it should look something like this:
    • If you can see that, I'm curious about two things... #1, the first line that says S-On or S-Off - what does that line say? And #2, the Hboot version.

Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    incredible 2
    I'm actually almost too embarrassed to post this, but I think just taking the battery out and putting it back in might have fixed it. I have an iPhone so I forget about that step at times At least the symbol is gone and it is charging. Thanks for your help. When she turns it back on, I'll let you know if those different colored messages come up.
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    I'm actually almost too embarrassed to post this, but I think just taking the battery out and putting it back in might have fixed it. I have an iPhone so I forget about that step at times At least the symbol is gone and it is charging. Thanks for your help. When she turns it back on, I'll let you know if those different colored messages come up.
    Don't be embarassed at all, I'm just glad it's working (or at least it sounds like it is). If it charges up and boots up fine, I wouldn't even worry about the messages, as long as it's working fine.

Guidelines of Conduct
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    120 times
    Phone
    RAZR HD
    As I was reading this I was wondering if you tried a battery pull.

Don't feel stupid. In the future though always try a battery pull any time the phone acts wonky. You'd be surprised what a "forced reboot" fixes.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    htc droid incredible 4G LTE
    OK, i have an htc incredible 2(vivow) hboot .98 i have unlocked the boot loader and have root, CWM, INSTALLED. SU INSTALLED. I can flash any rom i want as long as i have a computer around with sdk on it. Ihave to keep flash the boot images for each rom, sometimes i don't, but most of the time i do. I still have s-on, is there any way to get s-off. i tried the downgrade tool, it won't work now, my stock rom is gone, i have CM7.101 running on the phone, anyone know???
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ALDO101T View Post
    OK, i have an htc incredible 2(vivow) hboot .98 i have unlocked the boot loader and have root, CWM, INSTALLED. SU INSTALLED. I can flash any rom i want as long as i have a computer around with sdk on it. Ihave to keep flash the boot images for each rom, sometimes i don't, but most of the time i do. I still have s-on, is there any way to get s-off. i tried the downgrade tool, it won't work now, my stock rom is gone, i have CM7.101 running on the phone, anyone know???
    Revolutionary is the only way to get S-Off: http://revolutionary.io/

But you'll most likely have to downgrade your hboot before you run it: [Tool] Downgrade VivoW with hboot 0.98 - xda-developers

Edit: Just noticed you said the downgrade tool didn't work... hmmm. Why do you need S-off if you're able to do everything already? Just to keep from having to flash the boot images?

Guidelines of Conduct
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    htc droid incredible 4G LTE
    yes i know this but will it work if i relock bootloader. i 've tried this before and it wouldn't run, but i can't remember if i was relocked or not
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links