DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is it reasonable to buy Inc2 now.

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    @brandonjnunn
    Phone
    Number 48 - toro (VZW GNex)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOldFart View Post
    I haven't checked at the store. I can transfer it when in My Verizon, but it only lasts during that session. When I log out, it goes back to her phone. Her phone is the primary line. It is in my name, but we got her a phone first many years ago when she had to travel. We are heading to BB now to get the Inc2. Hopefully they can still transfer the upgrade like they did last year. Besides, my wife likes it and would want it if I get a LTE phone after April. Thanks for the advice.
    Ah that nice family trade-in program. lol It is still a nice phone and good luck getting it all handled!
    Android4Life
    Current:
    Droid Incredible 2 CM7 & Aeroevan's 0.7 CFS Kernel

OG Droid CM7 that I use as a VOIP Home Phone on Wifi

Replaced:
    Droid X CM7 Stock Clock Speed Undervolted

-Android user/abuser since December 2009-
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Does she have a data plan too? If so and you are both unlimited, just upgrade hers, then swap phones online. Wirefly and those companies just care about the plan being kept. You can swap phones as long as the plan is in effect. Now if she's not on a data plan, then it won't work.
    Don't get your tightie whities in a bunch if you don't like my humor or get offended when I skip putting smiley faces all over. IF you cannot handle online comments and get bent out of shape, go home.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    @brandonjnunn
    Phone
    Number 48 - toro (VZW GNex)
    Quote Originally Posted by nikecar View Post
    Does she have a data plan too? If so and you are both unlimited, just upgrade hers, then swap phones online. Wirefly and those companies just care about the plan being kept. You can swap phones as long as the plan is in effect. Now if she's not on a data plan, then it won't work.
    You have to be careful. With Verizon it is not usually an issue, but it could be. The retailer states that if you cancel the data package or move the phone to another line within 6 months it will charge you the $250. I do know people who have done it without issue as it seems Verizon doesn't go after the retailer's commission in those cases (they could though). My cousin did the same thing on Sprint and wound up getting charged $250 because that MEID was no longer active on that particular line. YMMV with doing that.
    Android4Life
    Current:
    Droid Incredible 2 CM7 & Aeroevan's 0.7 CFS Kernel

OG Droid CM7 that I use as a VOIP Home Phone on Wifi

Replaced:
    Droid X CM7 Stock Clock Speed Undervolted

-Android user/abuser since December 2009-
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    HTC One - Blue
    Quote Originally Posted by nikecar View Post
    She gave up her unlimited data plan 2 weeks ago and went back to my old env. She never even hit 100MB a month and the $30 was not worth it. We are retired and together most of the time, so she just got the Samsung Galaxy Player 4.0 and loves it much better than her Ally. If Verizon comes out with a family share data plan next year with something like at least 2GB for $30 then we will probably go to that, as we have never totaled 1GB together in any month. I will then use the upgrade that is available at the end of April and get a LTE phone. She likes the Inc2, so that will work well. If we cannot get a family data plan like the above then we will stay the way we are now.

Edit: I now have my new "free" Inc2. It is doing it's update. I got the Incipio case at Verizon, but cannot find a belt case that it fits in and comes out of easily. I might take the Incipio case back and get the Otterbox Defender and holster.
    Last edited by TheOldFart; 12-19-2011 at 11:35 AM.
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    I think, as long as your needs/wants don't drastically change, you'll be very happy with the Inc2 for 20 months. I've had them all, including the latest and greatest, and still consider going back to it (my wife still has one). LTE is great and fast, but just not reliable. It's the perfect combination of reliability, solid build, ergonomic, GREAT battery life (best of any 3G phone I've ever used), smooth UI, solid dev support with some great custom ROMs if you wanted to (but it's excellent stock as well), wonderful sound quality/volume, etc. Unless you end up with a bad unit, it should meet all of those things I just listed off.

The ONLY negative, is the screen is hard to view outside in bright light. But up until SAMOLED / PENTILE (Bionic, D3, DX2, Razr, etc), that was common anyway.

edit: there's already an ICS port being worked on for it... and I'm sure there will be some ICS based ROMs - so you should stay relatively up to date, software-wise anyway
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOldFart View Post
    She gave up her unlimited data plan 2 weeks ago and went back to my old env. She never even hit 100MB a month and the $30 was not worth it. We are retired and together most of the time, so she just got the Samsung Galaxy Player 4.0 and loves it much better than her Ally. If Verizon comes out with a family share data plan next year with something like at least 2GB for $30 then we will probably go to that, as we have never totaled 1GB together in any month. I will then use the upgrade that is available at the end of April and get a LTE phone. She likes the Inc2, so that will work well. If we cannot get a family data plan like the above then we will stay the way we are now.

Edit: I now have my new "free" Inc2. It is doing it's update. I got the Incipio case at Verizon, but cannot find a belt case that it fits in and comes out of easily. I might take the Incipio case back and get the Otterbox Defender and holster.
    Congrats. I have the commuter case and I think its a good balance for a case. Comes with a great screen protector. Cannot even tell its on.

My coworker had a fascinate and swapped it for the inc2

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.
    Don't get your tightie whities in a bunch if you don't like my humor or get offended when I skip putting smiley faces all over. IF you cannot handle online comments and get bent out of shape, go home.
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    For what it's worth, I did return my Gnex - found an Inc2 at a great price locally, hardly used. Good ol' faithful...

Still have my Bionic as well. Just can't let go of that thing, but might if data doesn't improve. For the price I got this Inc2, it's a keeper for a long time - even if it ends up as a backup.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    HTC One - Blue
    Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid View Post
    For what it's worth, I did return my Gnex - found an Inc2 at a great price locally, hardly used. Good ol' faithful...

Still have my Bionic as well. Just can't let go of that thing, but might if data doesn't improve. For the price I got this Inc2, it's a keeper for a long time - even if it ends up as a backup.
    I really like my Inc2 so far and don't expect that to change. I would have much more likely considered the Bionic if it were not for the problems that people are posting. I have another upgrade available in 4 months. If the LTE to 3G/wifi handoffs and data drops are solved by the time that Verizon announces a reasonable family data share plan then I will get whatever trouble free LTE phone exists for a reasonable price and give my wife the Inc2. If I have to wait a couple of years until my conditions are met, I'm sure that I'll be happy with the Inc2 until then.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links