DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 2.3.4 Firmware Update

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by ABQNM View Post
    I recommend Alarm Klock from the market. It's free and works flawlessly. Never failed to go off plus it has the slide to dismiss like the Moto Blur alarm and it makes it hard to accidentally dismiss when trying to snooze. The interface is basic but the app rocks. You can even set it to gradually increase volume from x% to x% over x seconds. I recommend it. Then you don't have to worry about a factory reset right now.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.
    i use AlarmDroid. I like the features, although I had to stop the math questions as its hard to figure out algebra at 7am.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldinEagle View Post
    I posted this on the Verizon forums, but figure I'll repost here if it helps:

I had the same issue (broken clock) right after I upgraded my Incredible 2 to Gingerbread. The clock widget was working just fine at first, but then a few days later, no alarm and no clock. Searched for a resolution and came to this thread before and realized there was little hope without a factory reset, which I was unwilling to do.

Today, however, I downloaded LauncherPro (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.fede.launcher) because I was wanting to test it out. When I looked at the apps in the menu while using LauncherPro, I noticed that the Clock app was suddenly showing up. I decided to uninstall LauncherPro (just to see) and found that the clock widget on the HTC home screen suddenly worked again. I don't know if it will last, or if you would want to rely on it, but it might be a useful way for some of you to get the clock widget working again without having to do a factory reset and risk losing information while we are still waiting for an official resolution from HTC/Verizon.
    i have the clock and it works fine. it just won't click to get the apps in the clock as before.
    Don't get your tightie whities in a bunch if you don't like my humor or get offended when I skip putting smiley faces all over. IF you cannot handle online comments and get bent out of shape, go home.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    @brandonjnunn
    Phone
    Number 48 - toro (VZW GNex)
    Quote Originally Posted by nikecar View Post
    i use AlarmDroid. I like the features, although I had to stop the math questions as its hard to figure out algebra at 7am.

i have the clock and it works fine. it just won't click to get the apps in the clock as before.
    There seem to be 2 people with 2 slightly different clock problems relating to the upgrade.

With your issue, the factory reset is the solution for it, unfortunately.

Something to try though: As I do not have a version of sense that I can boot into at the moment without flashing, I can't test this for you. If you install launcher pro from the market (free) and then press your home button and check default and then tap the Sense launcher, everything should look normal. If you long press to add something and choose shortcut, do you see Activities with a Launcher Pro icon (yellow house) at the top?

If you do not, then you would have to switch to Launcher Pro or another launcher to try it. (Launcher Pro includes the shortcuts for the activities and works with multiple launchers - I have Go Launcher and Launcher Pro installed. I use Go Launcher, but I keep LP for the Activity Shortcuts since I like being able to go directly to certain features in certain apps.)

If you can select Activities, go into that and here is where it gets a bit tricky. I do not remember the package name of the clock, so it could be listed as Clock or htc.clock or something similar. Once you find the clock and tap on it, you will see a list of the activities contained in the package. Not all of them can be launched independent of the app, but some can. Try finding the alarm clock portion and choose it. You will get a shortcut on the homescreen now that will launch that particular activity. If it doesn't open, just delete and try again, as all activities cannot be launched directly. This may let you into the alarm, etc without having to factory reset.

If I had a running version of Sense right now I would have tested that in advance, so I hope that makes sense to you.
    Android4Life
    Current:
    Droid Incredible 2 CM7 & Aeroevan's 0.7 CFS Kernel

OG Droid CM7 that I use as a VOIP Home Phone on Wifi

Replaced:
    Droid X CM7 Stock Clock Speed Undervolted

-Android user/abuser since December 2009-
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by ABQNM View Post
    There seem to be 2 people with 2 slightly different clock problems relating to the upgrade.

With your issue, the factory reset is the solution for it, unfortunately.

Something to try though: As I do not have a version of sense that I can boot into at the moment without flashing, I can't test this for you. If you install launcher pro from the market (free) and then press your home button and check default and then tap the Sense launcher, everything should look normal. If you long press to add something and choose shortcut, do you see Activities with a Launcher Pro icon (yellow house) at the top?

If you do not, then you would have to switch to Launcher Pro or another launcher to try it. (Launcher Pro includes the shortcuts for the activities and works with multiple launchers - I have Go Launcher and Launcher Pro installed. I use Go Launcher, but I keep LP for the Activity Shortcuts since I like being able to go directly to certain features in certain apps.)

If you can select Activities, go into that and here is where it gets a bit tricky. I do not remember the package name of the clock, so it could be listed as Clock or htc.clock or something similar. Once you find the clock and tap on it, you will see a list of the activities contained in the package. Not all of them can be launched independent of the app, but some can. Try finding the alarm clock portion and choose it. You will get a shortcut on the homescreen now that will launch that particular activity. If it doesn't open, just delete and try again, as all activities cannot be launched directly. This may let you into the alarm, etc without having to factory reset.

If I had a running version of Sense right now I would have tested that in advance, so I hope that makes sense to you.
    It's not a big deal for me. I'm not going to install something just for getting those things back. I've always used alarmdroid which I like and downloaded a stopwatch/timer app for free. As long as the clock and the animation works, I'm fine.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.
    Don't get your tightie whities in a bunch if you don't like my humor or get offended when I skip putting smiley faces all over. IF you cannot handle online comments and get bent out of shape, go home.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I'm a little confused about whether I have the update or not.

Under about phone, software information, it says I have Android 2.3.3

Under status update, the name is 4.08.605.3

When I check for new software, although the search takes a while, I do get an option to download new software. But the download fails every time.

So, am I current or not? I haven't gotten a notification of an update, as I did from 2.2 to 2.3.

Thanks
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Never mind. Found my solution. Needed to clear data from download manager.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Links