DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: TV Out Dinc2?

  1. Senior Droid
    sacnotsack's Avatar
    Member #
    108068
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    yuma, az
    Posts
    115
    Phone
    droid 1
    #11
    Here is the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1124199

    Sent from my DINC2
  2. Junior Droid
    andysom25's Avatar
    Member #
    141646
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    19
    Phone
    Lg Ally
    #12
    How do you use the DLNA feature on the dinc2? What do I need and how do I go about making it work ?

    Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums
  3. Droid
    Krennel's Avatar
    Member #
    212426
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    94
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr M
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by andysom25 View Post
    How do you use the DLNA feature on the dinc2? What do I need and how do I go about making it work ?

    Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums
    First you need a DLNA compatible device hooked to your network. Pretty much any one will work, the only think I have run into issues with are PS3's and some Sony TV's. Once that is powered on and hooked to your network, play the media file you want to play, hit the menu key, and select 'Select player'. It then should pop up with your DLNA compaible device.

    The downside to this over an HDMI cable or the like is that you can only play media files, you can't push your phones desktop to the TV like you can with a wired connection.
  4. Droid Ninja
    thaDroidz's Avatar
    Member #
    111730
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    neptune
    Posts
    2,068
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    RazrMaxx/Droid1(retired)/dinc2
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Krennel View Post
    First you need a DLNA compatible device hooked to your network. Pretty much any one will work, the only think I have run into issues with are PS3's and some Sony TV's. Once that is powered on and hooked to your network, play the media file you want to play, hit the menu key, and select 'Select player'. It then should pop up with your DLNA compaible device.

    The downside to this over an HDMI cable or the like is that you can only play media files, you can't push your phones desktop to the TV like you can with a wired connection.
    Does DLNA push Netflix programming?
    Not that it matters to me, unless my home internet goes down.

    ----posted maxx'ed out----

    new server if any of my links are dead notify me, I got new links!
  5. Droid
    Krennel's Avatar
    Member #
    212426
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    94
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr M
    #15
    I've not tried that actually. I don't imagine you can, but I'll give it a shot when I get home.

    Sent from my NookColor using DroidForums
  6. Junior Droid
    mdsd77's Avatar
    Member #
    245572
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9
    Phone
    incredible 2
    #16
    i found this thread as I have a need as well...

    I can use bluetooth to listen to whats playing live on my phone (Redzone and NFL Network)

    but the stream does not transfer over... ( have to view on dinc2)

    so, I can hear what ever is playing on it better on my laptop... thats a bonus, now only if blue tooth would allow a stream being viewed to
    play as well...

    did anyone ever figure out how to hook up the Dinc2 to a tv? (saw a cable for the dinc that worked, that should work right>?)
  7. Droid
    Krennel's Avatar
    Member #
    212426
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    94
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr M
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by mdsd77 View Post
    i found this thread as I have a need as well...

    I can use bluetooth to listen to whats playing live on my phone (Redzone and NFL Network)

    but the stream does not transfer over... ( have to view on dinc2)

    so, I can hear what ever is playing on it better on my laptop... thats a bonus, now only if blue tooth would allow a stream being viewed to
    play as well...

    did anyone ever figure out how to hook up the Dinc2 to a tv? (saw a cable for the dinc that worked, that should work right>?)
    There are microusb - HDMI cables out there, but they don't work. The Dinc2 doesn't have the required MHL kernel that is needed in order to push the phone UI to a TV. HTC was saying they were going to give the phone this capability ages ago, but nothing ever came of it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Dinc2 root $$
    By gmmurphy in forum HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-07-2011, 03:57 AM
  2. DInc2 on Att?
    By ZBacks in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-20-2011, 11:09 AM
  3. Should I Upgrade to DInc2?
    By jnd121 in forum HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-19-2011, 07:21 PM
  4. Just Got DINC2 and Have Two Problems
    By tea_b0ne in forum HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-11-2011, 12:33 PM
  5. $149.99 for Dinc2??
    By ZBacks in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-06-2011, 12:58 PM

Search tags for this page

connect droid incredible 2 to tv

,

connect incredible 2 to tv

,

droid incredible 2 to tv

,

droid incredible 2 tv out

,

droid incredible 2 tv out cable

,

how to connect droid incredible 2 to tv

,
how to connect htc incredible 2 to tv
,
htc droid incredible 2 connect to tv
,
incredible 2 connect to tv
,

incredible 2 tv out

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+