DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Any way to require confirmation before DI2 dials?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2

Any way to require confirmation before DI2 dials?

I got my DI2 last week, I generally like it. But the one thing that has really been annoying me is that it just makes a call when you touch an entry in the address book. Make a mistake thinking that you're editing an entry? Hit the wrong entry? Too late, it dialed it for you, even at midnight (and the touching end call does not seem to be as fast as just hanging up a real phone). I also noticed that the other day, when I called a radio contest line and wanted to redial quickly, after I hung up and touched "place call" again, it called the number I had dialed before that one -- NOT the one I had just dialed. I can't believe that a Smartphone can't handle simple dialing as well as my previous cheap phone did very well.

So is there any way to get the phone to put an extra step in before it actually makes the call?
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    There is an app to do that. I can't remember what it was called, but it was featured on the xda homepage yesterday or 2 days ago.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using the DroidForums app.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Maybe use Google goggles? I haven't used it, but I think it can do what you are asking.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    Here to learn and help when possible.
    OG Droid currently running Charity 12.7
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Rooted D1, Stock DInc2
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterBill View Post
    I got my DI2 last week, I generally like it. But the one thing that has really been annoying me is that it just makes a call when you touch an entry in the address book. Make a mistake thinking that you're editing an entry? Hit the wrong entry? Too late, it dialed it for you, even at midnight (and the touching end call does not seem to be as fast as just hanging up a real phone). I also noticed that the other day, when I called a radio contest line and wanted to redial quickly, after I hung up and touched "place call" again, it called the number I had dialed before that one -- NOT the one I had just dialed. I can't believe that a Smartphone can't handle simple dialing as well as my previous cheap phone did very well.

So is there any way to get the phone to put an extra step in before it actually makes the call?
    Mine does that if I am scrolling through my call log but if I am looking in the People app and select a name it opens up their "page" with their phone, email, etc. all listed. I can then choose the one I want to do.

Sure you aren't browsing your call log instead of the address book?
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DINC2 and D2G
    Quote Originally Posted by mountaineerndixie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterBill View Post

Mine does that if I am scrolling through my call log but if I am looking in the People app and select a name it opens up their "page" with their phone, email, etc. all listed. I can then choose the one I want to do.

This. Sounds like you're browsing your call log.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    htc incredible 2
    Search for call confirm in the market. Works great.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Quote Originally Posted by whiff88 View Post
    Search for call confirm in the market. Works great.
    Thanks -- that's exactly what I wanted!

Quote Originally Posted by devator22 View Post
    There is an app to do that. I can't remember what it was called, but it was featured on the xda homepage yesterday or 2 days ago. .
    I found something for redial but not call confirm, but the last post resolved that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by mountaineerndixie View Post

It happens when I click on entries on the Call screen. The strange thing is, that list includes a number of people I had never added to my phone book so I was clicking on them to view the entry. It's like they got added from Facebook and it is people I know casually online and never would have expected to have the phone numbers for.

Also annoying is that pushing the wrong button in the text message app gets the phone to try to dial the sender, which is especially fun when it's something like Twitter and not a normal phone number. At least those calls do not go through since there are not enough digits, they just pollute the call log.

BTW is there a better text message app? I'd like something that can separate out messages from a single source, sine I get stuff forwarded by Twitter from different people. Of course, now that I have a Smartphone, there are probably better ways to get that info than by text alerts of Twitter posts.

Finally, it seems like the phone book lookup does not look for the exchange in your home area codewhen you search. So if I enter 245 for my home phone (as in aaa-245-xxxx), it does not find it. If I enter the area code it does. Of course if I do it by name and enter HOM, it finds it. But it seems like it should look for the exchange in the search -- it would if there was no area code in the entry.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    A lot of people use chomp sms but personally I love handcent and I've used it for 2 years it keeps getting better with every update

Links