DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Case and car mount for Incredible 2?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2

Case and car mount for Incredible 2?

I just ordered a couple of Incredible 2's for my daughter and myself. Can someone suggest a good source for reasonably priced cases and car window mounts? I looked on Amazon, they have the Otterbox, which is rather pricey for me (around $30), and a bunch of cases from China, which seem to get mixed reviews. I did not see any mounts. I assume I can find a bunch of I look on ebay.

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DINC2 and D2G
    I've got the mount from Verizon. Can't use a case with it (maybe a thin rubber case or something), and fuh-ged-aboutit if you're using an extended battery, but it works quite well. I've kept my stock battery/cover for when I do use it as navigation.

Not saying it's cheap, but it does work.

As far as cases, I don't use them, so I can't be much help there.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    I got the OtterBox Commuter, which I am so far pleased with. I don't mind paying a bit more for a case that will protect the phone. As for a car mount kit, I got this kit from Amazon and I am quite pleased with it. I need to attach the included disc to the top of my dash so I can stick the suction cup piece into the perfect spot, but I used the air vent mount over the weekend and it worked quite well.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DINC2 and D2G
    I may have to look into that Akron mount. I've heard good things about their products, and if I don't have to swap out batteries every time I want to use it, that's well worth it.

How stable overall was the air vent mount?
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    It took some playing around, but once I got the air vent properly situated, it was rock solid. Your results may vary with your specific car, but I have a 2008 Sentra.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Thanks.. I will order one of the mounts to try out. I was trying to order from a 3rd party to avoid the sales tax but it seems like Amazon wants to charge it if it ships the item ("Fulfilled by Amazon"). That's disappointing! Also, it does not appear that you can rotate it to display it horizontally in the normal GPS format. Are there any that do that?

While I was on Amazon, I found this car charger
    Amazon.com: Motorola Vehicle Power Adapter micro-USB Rapid Rate Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories
    and ordered 2 of them. I've never had luck with the 3rd party car chargers so $3.05 for a Motorola branded unit that has great reviews is too good to pass up.
    Last edited by MisterBill; 05-31-2011 at 09:29 AM.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Did you order those chargers from Amazon direct or from a 3rd party seller? There were some reviews stating that 3rd parties were selling knock off versions that were not as good. I got one of the official ones from Amazon and it works quite well. It ships in OEM packaging but it has full instructions and warranty info.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    I ordered the chargers from Amazon directly. I agree, the 3rd party sellers may substitute a generic item. I have Prime, so shipping was free.

Of course, if the seller ship you something other than the OEM product, you can file an A-to-Z claim against them, but it's not worth the hassle since you can get it so cheaply from Amazon.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DINC2 and D2G
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterBill View Post
    Also, it does not appear that you can rotate it to display it horizontally in the normal GPS format. Are there any that do that?
    I know the one from Verizon can do that. I actually find though that I like my navigation vertical though for some reason. Started using it like that with my D2G, never really found the need to switch back.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterBill View Post
    Thanks.. I will order one of the mounts to try out. I was trying to order from a 3rd party to avoid the sales tax but it seems like Amazon wants to charge it if it ships the item ("Fulfilled by Amazon"). That's disappointing! Also, it does not appear that you can rotate it to display it horizontally in the normal GPS format. Are there any that do that?
    The Arkon that I linked to can rotate from portrait to landscape with no problem.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links