DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Any alternative to PdaNet for wireless internet?

  1. Junior Droid
    weissman's Avatar
    Member #
    69329
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13
    Phone
    HTC Eris
    #1

    Any alternative to PdaNet for wireless internet?

    I've been unsuccessful using my HTC Eris & PdaNet to get internet access on my Windows 7 laptop. Anybody know of an alternative that works?
  2. Junior Droid
    AquasDragon's Avatar
    Member #
    115391
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    29
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    #2
    Try using easy tether, free in the market
  3. Droid
    Pathos's Avatar
    Member #
    18573
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    46
    Phone
    Droid X2
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by weissman View Post
    I've been unsuccessful using my HTC Eris & PdaNet to get internet access on my Windows 7 laptop. Anybody know of an alternative that works?
    Are you rooted? I have the wired tether app (has to be installed from teh interwebz), and it works better than PdaNet did...at least for me.
  4. Droid
    projektorboy's Avatar
    Member #
    78316
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    64
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    manicsocratic
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathos View Post
    Are you rooted? I have the wired tether app (has to be installed from teh interwebz)
    I assume you're talking about this app?

    android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code
  5. Droid Ninja
    Dj Carpenter's Avatar
    Member #
    119273
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,448
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    #5
    If you're rooted you can also get wireless tether

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    There is more to living than just existing.
    -Dj Carpenter
  6. Junior Droid
    weissman's Avatar
    Member #
    69329
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13
    Phone
    HTC Eris
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by weissman View Post
    I've been unsuccessful using my HTC Eris & PdaNet to get internet access on my Windows 7 laptop. Anybody know of an alternative that works?
    Are you rooted? I have the wired tether app (has to be installed from teh interwebz), and it works better than PdaNet did...at least for me.
    Not sure. How do I know? Not even sure what that means!
  7. Super Moderator
    Bob Dammit's Avatar
    Member #
    14607
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    N 42 05.183 W 079 10.914
    Posts
    1,718
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Droid.
    Premium Member
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by weissman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by weissman View Post
    I've been unsuccessful using my HTC Eris & PdaNet to get internet access on my Windows 7 laptop. Anybody know of an alternative that works?
    Are you rooted? I have the wired tether app (has to be installed from teh interwebz), and it works better than PdaNet did...at least for me.
    Not sure. How do I know? Not even sure what that means!

    If you're not sure, then the answer is no. Read the top sticky on rooting your phone, and see if its anything you are interested in doing.
    [GUIDE] Root and flash Android 2.2 Froyo on your Eris!
    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    Last edited by Bob Dammit; 11-01-2010 at 09:22 AM. Reason: add link
    I touched Lord Stanley's Cup on 1/2/11.
  8. Junior Droid
    weissman's Avatar
    Member #
    69329
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13
    Phone
    HTC Eris
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by AquasDragon View Post
    Try using easy tether, free in the market
    Would you be willing to walk me through installation? I've tried, but can't get it to work.
    I'd be most grateful.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Dj Carpenter's Avatar
    Member #
    119273
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,448
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    #9
    Which Droid do you have?

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    There is more to living than just existing.
    -Dj Carpenter
  10. Super Moderator
    furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Member #
    78594
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Posts
    10,371
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    #10
    Are you installing the driver and applications the non-root tethering apps require? Have you considered rooting and installing either of the apps linked to in my signature?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Question on (wireless) PDANet
    By Blackstack in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-25-2010, 03:45 PM
  2. Wireless printer with PDAnet
    By john2172 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-03-2010, 06:37 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-09-2010, 12:27 PM
  4. How would i use PDAnet to get internet for my PS3
    By hoing in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-19-2010, 09:05 PM
  5. Motorola Droid Wireless-G alternative
    By hennessy01 in forum Android Accessories
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-27-2010, 06:24 AM

Search tags for this page

alternative pdanet
,

alternative to pdanet

,
alternatives to pdanet
,
alternatives to pdanet for android
,
app better than pdanet
,
better than pdanet android
,
pda net alternative
,

pdanet alternative

,

pdanet alternative android

,
pdanet alternatives
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+