Got a notice this morning about a system update, did it, but my phone still says firmware 1.5. What was the update about?
This is from the home page here at DroidForums.net:
"Verizon just let us know that an OTA update for the HTC DROID Eris is being pushed to handsets at about midnight this evening. The ROM is 1.16.605.1 and the radio version is 184.108.40.206.09 for those inquiring minds. Just as Motorola’s OTA update worked, the DROID Eris will as well — slowly to a small group of people, then expanding over the coming days. Here’s a brief list of some of the fixes and you can always check the documentation on Verizon’s site.
- While on a call and the device is in screensaver mode, pressing the End key now takes the device out of screensaver mode, and a second press will end the call.
- On-call mute and speakerphone icon functionality is enhanced.
- Upgraded functionality after activation eliminates the delay users were experiencing in receiving their first call.
- Device now switches effectively from 1x mode to 3G.
- Device no longer requires users to reselect a default email after power cycling.
- SMS and MMS messaging delivery is improved.
- Eighty-character MMS/SMS message subject lines are now allowed
- Improved picture messaging functionality allows messages from LG phones to be opened."
This IS NOT the update to Android 2/2.1 show that is why your phone still shows 1.5 .
scajjr, thanks for clearing that up.
I think they could've made the firmware show something like 1.5.1 or something along those lines so we would know the latest update was applied.
I just got an update on my eris about an hour ago....now the damned thing wont work. gives me the error "process.android.phone stopped because of an error" the same thing with google.process this is the second eris ive had thats givin me this error. anyone else getting this???