DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: extended battery

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

extended battery

I just had an online chat with a Seidio representative about the extended battery that is coming soon. They couldn't tell me an exact date but are hoping to have it out by Christmas. All good information.

He didn't have information regarding the capacity but I have read it is going to be 1750mah.

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Eris
    Would the one for the Hero work with the Eris?
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtech View Post

I think it works but I remember reading somewhere that the battery cover does not fully click to close. If you use a silicone case for the phone it will hide this. Shouldn't be long until the one made specifically for the Eris comes out though.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Eris
    Quote Originally Posted by skunis1 View Post

I think it works but I remember reading somewhere that the battery cover does not fully click to close. If you use a silicone case for the phone it will hide this. Shouldn't be long until the one made specifically for the Eris comes out though.
    I'll wait - they cost too much to play with one that doesn't fit correctly...
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Eris
    With my use, my battery life is pretty good, but I'd still be interested in even better. So this battery will fit in our phone w/ the stock cover, I take it? That's good, because I wouldn't want to have the overall pkg get thicker. Size was one of the reasons I chose the HTC Eris over other options. Did he say if they were using a different chemistry in this new battery? Is that how they are getting a higher energy density? Did he mention a projected price? Thanks!
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Eris
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    With my use, my battery life is pretty good, but I'd still be interested in even better. So this battery will fit in our phone w/ the stock cover, I take it? That's good, because I wouldn't want to have the overall pkg get thicker. Size was one of the reasons I chose the HTC Eris over other options. Did he say if they were using a different chemistry in this new battery? Is that how they are getting a higher energy density? Did he mention a projected price? Thanks!
    Having come from a chunky Treo I think I would be OK with adding a tiny bit of thickness to my Eris for better battery life... but it would be best if it just fits in the present case...
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

He did not mention anything about chemistry or price but I am guessing that the battery will cost around $50 since that is what the going rate is for some of their other extended slim batteries.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Having come from a chunky Treo I think I would be OK with adding a tiny bit of thickness to my Eris for better battery life... but it would be best if it just fits in the present case...
    Got to love the TREO though......That beast still turns on like new!
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Eris
    Quote Originally Posted by joex190 View Post
    Got to love the TREO though......That beast still turns on like new!
    I miss the Treo for its great signal strength and some terrific apps - but I love the Eris for its design, Google sync and the exciting future of Android!
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I wonder what I am doing to get such great battery life. I am now averaging 19 hours of battery life out of my moto droid. I have 2 email accounts syncing upwards of 150 emails total a day, plus about 1-200 texts per day, some gps usage, several "running" widgets that pull data from the phone and web and about 30 or so odd minutes of voice usage, plus some mp3 usage. At first it was crappy, but right now it has been off charger for 7 h 15m and it still has 65% of battery life left. "battery left" calibrated to 60% indicates that my phone has 12 hours of battery life left and that would fall into line with my previous days.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links