DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: ** Picture Message not always compressing, and Cannot add message!

  1. Junior Droid
    tuan1969's Avatar
    Member #
    71623
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6
    Phone
    HTC Droid Eris
    #1

    Angry ** Picture Message not always compressing, and Cannot add message!

    Hello experts,
    My Eris' (Android 2.1) picture messaging isn't working properly.

    1) After taking a pic (5mp, High res), I want to send it as a pic message. The issue is that it only compresses the pic SOME of the time (bring the size down to about 12kb to 300kb. Then other times, it only compresses to about 1mb - 2mb which most cell phones cannot receive.

    2) When trying to send the pic message, the phone won't let me add a message. The COMPOSE box is there, but I can get into it.

    Also, why is the picture always played as a "slide"?

    Thanks so much !!
  2. Master Droid
    mamawm's Avatar
    Member #
    96831
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mississippi
    Posts
    509
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    DNA, Bionic, Eris, zoom, A100
    #2
    what messaging app are you using? i only use handcent and i've not experienced this problem.
  3. Droid Ninja
    LoneWolfArcher's Avatar
    Member #
    20864
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,068
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by tuan1969 View Post
    Hello experts,
    My Eris' (Android 2.1) picture messaging isn't working properly.

    1) After taking a pic (5mp, High res), I want to send it as a pic message. The issue is that it only compresses the pic SOME of the time (bring the size down to about 12kb to 300kb. Then other times, it only compresses to about 1mb - 2mb which most cell phones cannot receive.

    2) When trying to send the pic message, the phone won't let me add a message. The COMPOSE box is there, but I can get into it.

    Also, why is the picture always played as a "slide"?

    Thanks so much !!
    When sending a message with a picture, you don't "compose" a message. What you do is hit the "Edit" button and add a message in the corresponding box.
    Moto X - Designed by me!
  4. Junior Droid
    tuan1969's Avatar
    Member #
    71623
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6
    Phone
    HTC Droid Eris
    #4

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by mamawm View Post
    what messaging app are you using? i only use handcent and i've not experienced this problem.
    I'm using the messaging app that comes on Android. I select a picture, then MENU, then SHARE, then MESSAGE.

    Also, it always send it as a SLIDESHOW which runs for 5 seconds!!
  5. Junior Droid
    tuan1969's Avatar
    Member #
    71623
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6
    Phone
    HTC Droid Eris
    #5

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolfArcher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tuan1969 View Post
    Hello experts,
    My Eris' (Android 2.1) picture messaging isn't working properly.

    1) After taking a pic (5mp, High res), I want to send it as a pic message. The issue is that it only compresses the pic SOME of the time (bring the size down to about 12kb to 300kb. Then other times, it only compresses to about 1mb - 2mb which most cell phones cannot receive.

    2) When trying to send the pic message, the phone won't let me add a message. The COMPOSE box is there, but I can get into it.

    Also, why is the picture always played as a "slide"?

    Thanks so much !!
    When sending a message with a picture, you don't "compose" a message. What you do is hit the "Edit" button and add a message in the corresponding box.
    You are correct, I EDIT the message and can add text. HOWEVER, why is the pic still so large AND it's sent as a SLIDESHOW (which runs for 5 secs)?
  6. Droid Ninja
    LoneWolfArcher's Avatar
    Member #
    20864
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,068
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by tuan1969 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolfArcher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tuan1969 View Post
    Hello experts,
    My Eris' (Android 2.1) picture messaging isn't working properly.

    1) After taking a pic (5mp, High res), I want to send it as a pic message. The issue is that it only compresses the pic SOME of the time (bring the size down to about 12kb to 300kb. Then other times, it only compresses to about 1mb - 2mb which most cell phones cannot receive.

    2) When trying to send the pic message, the phone won't let me add a message. The COMPOSE box is there, but I can get into it.

    Also, why is the picture always played as a "slide"?

    Thanks so much !!
    When sending a message with a picture, you don't "compose" a message. What you do is hit the "Edit" button and add a message in the corresponding box.
    You are correct, I EDIT the message and can add text. HOWEVER, why is the pic still so large AND it's sent as a SLIDESHOW (which runs for 5 secs)?
    Haven't been able to figure out the Slideshow thing. I will do some checking on the auto-compressing.

    You could try Handcent. Many rave about it, I didn't care for it all that much.
    Moto X - Designed by me!
  7. Junior Droid
    Joe_Evaristo's Avatar
    Member #
    99575
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6
    Phone
    Droid Eris
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by tuan1969 View Post
    HOWEVER, why is the pic still so large AND it's sent as a SLIDESHOW (which runs for 5 secs)?
    Call or e-mail HTC support and complain about it. Yes...complain, not ask for help because they're completely useless.

    They're claiming this is a new "feature" of the latest maintenance update (one rep claimed the phone always did this, despite picture evidence otherwise)--I never thought removing the functionality of a feature but keeping the option and making it take on the functionality of another included feature (slideshow) could be referred to as a "new feature," but that's what they're doing to get out of supporting it.

    If they get inundated with calls from users who are unhappy with this bug, maybe they'll actually fix it.
  8. Droid Ninja
    LoneWolfArcher's Avatar
    Member #
    20864
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,068
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Evaristo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tuan1969 View Post
    HOWEVER, why is the pic still so large AND it's sent as a SLIDESHOW (which runs for 5 secs)?
    Call or e-mail HTC support and complain about it. Yes...complain, not ask for help because they're completely useless.

    They're claiming this is a new "feature" of the latest maintenance update (one rep claimed the phone always did this, despite picture evidence otherwise)--I never thought removing the functionality of a feature but keeping the option and making it take on the functionality of another included feature (slideshow) could be referred to as a "new feature," but that's what they're doing to get out of supporting it.

    If they get inundated with calls from users who are unhappy with this bug, maybe they'll actually fix it.
    I work in software development. A documented bug becomes a feature.
    Moto X - Designed by me!
  9. Junior Droid
    Joe_Evaristo's Avatar
    Member #
    99575
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6
    Phone
    Droid Eris
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolfArcher View Post

    I work in software development. A documented bug becomes a feature.
    Lol I'm not too surprised, that seems to be the way of most businesses, doesn't it?

    I've been trying since the 23rd to get picture messages fixed. Just today HTC called about the support satisfaction survey I filled out-armed with the blame Google game. They said Google changed it in 2.1, and I asked why, then, did it work right in 2.1 on two different phones until the MR4 maintenance update. They said they didn't know but it's somehow Google's fault.


    My next step is to call my state's department of consumer protection. If they're of no help I may just suck it up and root my phone. Can't say I'll ever buy another HTC product again.
  10. Droid Ninja
    LoneWolfArcher's Avatar
    Member #
    20864
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,068
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Evaristo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolfArcher View Post

    I work in software development. A documented bug becomes a feature.
    Lol I'm not too surprised, that seems to be the way of most businesses, doesn't it?

    I've been trying since the 23rd to get picture messages fixed. Just today HTC called about the support satisfaction survey I filled out-armed with the blame Google game. They said Google changed it in 2.1, and I asked why, then, did it work right in 2.1 on two different phones until the MR4 maintenance update. They said they didn't know but it's somehow Google's fault.


    My next step is to call my state's department of consumer protection. If they're of no help I may just suck it up and root my phone. Can't say I'll ever buy another HTC product again.
    WOw, that's some serious hate for the slideshow! LOL
    Last edited by LoneWolfArcher; 08-05-2010 at 05:13 PM.
    Moto X - Designed by me!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Incorrect picture orientation in mms message
    By AKValle26 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-03-2010, 12:56 AM
  2. how do i save a picture from text message
    By Chrisace89 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 06-18-2010, 01:45 PM
  3. picture message with sound
    By volkert13b in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-15-2010, 01:50 PM
  4. Unsucessful Picture Message Downloads
    By kosmos6000 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-13-2010, 02:38 AM
  5. Picture message with audio??
    By Aquaman791 in forum Android Audio and Video
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-25-2009, 01:30 PM

Search tags for this page

android auto compress photo text

,

compress photos android

,

compress to text

,

my phone is not compressing photos to text message

,

phone wont cimpress when sending a image

,

picture to large compression android

,

picture too large compressing galaxy s3

,

says pic to big to compress on my droid

,
text pictures not compressing
,

why wont my phone compress a image

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+