DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What issues have you experienced with Droid Eris?

Member #
    Phone
    Droid (The Original)

What issues have you experienced with Droid Eris?

Since Android 2.1 came out for the Eris, we (@Tech Support Verizon Wireless) have gotten a few complaints about device functionality/performance.

Your opinion, on this issue, is GOLDEN.
    | ___________ _________ |
    "...and AT&T should start selling vacuums because' they really suck!"

2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Rooted D1, Stock DInc2
    I installed Leak v3 of the 2.1 system and shortly afterward upgraded to Moto Droid, so I dont have much detail to add but the main issue for me was horrible battery life.

Now, after reading the site the last few months and paying attention to battery life topics, specifically htc devices, it very well could have been a bug in the reporting system of the phone and not actual battery drain because my battery settings and usage stats were always fine. Regardless, there was a problem.

Sorry I dont have more for you but I did want to say that and that it always kind of felt like 2.1 was just too bulky for the Eris to me.

~ Droid ~
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    long podcasts would not play correctly - after a while, they would start to skip forward and would not stop *(I tested this yesterday after the latest software upgrade, 2 separate podcasts, issue seems to have been resolved)

the favorites widget (if that's the name, it had the large pictures, you could set quick actions like calling, texting, etc.) was horrible after 2.1 - not sure if this improved with latest as I have just switched to using shortcuts on my desktop, less of a footprint

I would get a temporary freeze on occasion, the phone would switch to showing a medium sized grey box and the spinning cogwheel, along with "HTC". This was always short, but very annoying as there was no way out of it. I've yet to see this since the latest upgrade.

* So far, so good, with this upgrade.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Eris
    Apps force close a lot. If I try to type something the keyboard just closes out and I have to open it and start typing again. My favorites don't work very well, I have to touch them a few times before the phone will call. My phone doesn't always ring, I'll see that I have a missed call when my phone is right next to me and lately it's been running very slow. I just downloaded the update and I hope it helps because I really liked my phone when I first got it and now I'm ready to get a new one after only having it for 5 monthe.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Eris
    Very often, the phone has a mind of its own. My main issues are that at least once a day, something I have placed on the home screen will take itself off. The clock is usually the widget that leave first but occasionally my email widget leaves also. Usually what happens is it will stop allowing me to scroll through the different homes screens. Then the widget will act like I am trying to move it even though I am not touching the screen. Then the phone will scroll through all the home screens. It will not allow me to move back to the original screen the widget was on and put it back. When I turn the screen off and turn it back on, the widget has removed itself. This happens at least once per day. Very frustrating. Also, the keyboard will close itself out while I am trying to type something. It's the stock keyboard that I have noticed it on but Better Keyboard does it too.

Those are the two main issues I struggle with. I have done a factory reset a couple of times and did it again with the push out of 2.1. I am pretty much just dealing with it since I am not due for a new phone for about a year.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    i have always said my eris is a great toy but a crappy phone,poor reception has always been an issue along with dropped calls i recieved my update wednesday morning and not long after that had 2 dropped calls in an area i travel alot i will drive that way over the weekend and see if it is still a problem.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyg View Post
    i have always said my eris is a great toy but a crappy phone,poor reception has always been an issue along with dropped calls i recieved my update wednesday morning and not long after that had 2 dropped calls in an area i travel alot i will drive that way over the weekend and see if it is still a problem.
    What is funny is I have never had a dropped call, nor problems with reception except in areas where all Verizon subscribers have reception problems.
    Moto X - Designed by me!
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehand View Post
    * So far, so good, with this upgrade.
    One hiccup that I don't think I saw prior to the update.

- When trying to reply to a text, I'll tap in the "Tap to compose" window, but then the window that appears has a grey tint and I'm unable to input any text.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Eris
    You name it I've had it. Phone turns off when it's slightly bumped or dropped on a bed or desk. I read in another thread that it was a battery issue, but neither Verizon locally nor customer service thought to replace battery and cover, I'm currently on my second Eris in 5 months. They wanted to give me a third. Complete usage is slow, icons take long to click, long to open, text is horrible, both on original program and Handcent. Keys take long to click, keyboard disappears. When dialing for a call the keys take long to appear after clicking them, call will not ring or just not go through. Should I keep going?
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Eris
    Quote Originally Posted by EdieGirl View Post
    You name it I've had it. Phone turns off when it's slightly bumped or dropped on a bed or desk. I read in another thread that it was a battery issue, but neither Verizon locally nor customer service thought to replace battery and cover, I'm currently on my second Eris in 5 months. They wanted to give me a third. Complete usage is slow, icons take long to click, long to open, text is horrible, both on original program and Handcent. Keys take long to click, keyboard disappears. When dialing for a call the keys take long to appear after clicking them, call will not ring or just not go through. Should I keep going?

Oh right and this was before AND after 2.1 update and Eris update. No Froyo yet.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links