Can't figure this out!
I've enjoyed the Eris, up until this point! I keep all "extras" off, even 3G unless I need it. So I went to turn 3G on this afternoon and it wouldn't come on. So, I decided to shut the phone down and restart, after 3 restarts the phone is still giving me "force quite" errors for EVERYTHING, can't even get a cell signal. I'm going to take it to the Verizon Wireless store in the morning if I can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.
I have empathy for you
I suffered the same issue. My battery ran out the other night, when i returned home to chage it, all my apps were getting Fc'd. Took it to Verizon and told them to replace it, which they did. However, I figured out that the phone's connection needed to be disconnected from the network and reconnected, an option within the settings of the phone. Hopefully you already have it taken care of.
I took it to the Verizon store and they had to take it to default.
If anyone has these issues, here are the steps:
*** Resetting the phone deletes all data, including downloaded applications and resets the phone back to its initial state.
-make sure you backup important data you have on the phone before you reset your phone.
To reset the phone
1. Press HOME > MENU, then tap Settings > Security > Factory Data reset
2. On the Factory data reset screen, tap RESET PHONE and then tap ERASE EVERYTHING.
To reset the phone using phone buttons:
1. With the phone turned off, press and hold the Volume Down and Send buttons.
2. Press the END/POWER button. You will see a screen with 3 Android images at the bottom of the screen.
3. Follow the instructions onscreen to reset your phone.
-tip: If your phone hangs or freezes, remove the battery then wait for a few seconds, then re-install it. After re-installing the battery, turn on the phone.
These were the directions Vernon/Verizon store rep printed for me.