DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm somewhat new, and I hate this phone.. HELP PLEASE? :-)

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Eris
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolfArcher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by christinerm561 View Post
    MrNachoCheese thansk for all your help. I did the sync thing you discussed, and still nothing. Is there an area where you can set how often the mail is updated?
    Not sure what is going on. I just sent myself an email from my work PC and had it within a couple of minutes on my phone.
    I sent myself an email from my work PC, and after an hour, still never got a notification of new mail on my phone.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolfArcher View Post
    MrNachoCheese thansk for all your help. I did the sync thing you discussed, and still nothing. Is there an area where you can set how often the mail is updated?
    Not sure what is going on. I just sent myself an email from my work PC and had it within a couple of minutes on my phone.
    I sent myself an email from my work PC, and after an hour, still never got a notification of new mail on my phone.
    It is Verizon store time.
    Moto X - Designed by me!
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Go to your Gmail on your phone. You need to be viewing the Gmail Accounts page, so if you are viewing your inbox, hit menu button, then Accounts. From the Accounts page hit Menu, Account Settings. On the next page ensure that Auto-sync and Background data are checked. If they aren't, that explains your problem. Check them and problem should be solved.
  4. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    Well do you have notifications under mail settings checked?
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    Well do you have notifications under mail settings checked?
    Yes, this too. That you find within the Inbox. Menu, Settings.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    I am willing to bet your problem is that your "Enable always-on mobile" is unchecked. To enable it... Menu > Settings > Wireless & Networks >Mobile networks
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Ok, I know Im new here, but Ive had my eris since December. I stuck with 1.5 all the way to the OTA update. Back then the phone had issues, slow, missed calls, pure crap for battery life. I learned (through here) how to improve things. After the update I had a ton of problems like so many others and I fixed it the other day. Since your problems happened after the OTA both Droids and I suggested a factory data reset because its obviously not a hardware problem. I fixed 99% of my problems with a reset and if you read other threads on here it has fixed a ton of them. It can be a pain to do it but both my wife and I got through it. Ok, I did it twice but it wasnt that bad considering how much got fixed.

as for this....
    Quote Originally Posted by nStyle View Post
    I am willing to bet your problem is that your "Enable always-on mobile" is unchecked. To enable it... Menu > Settings > Wireless & Networks >Mobile networks
    I turned that off 3 months ago to save battery. And it did help the battery and I get emails, facebook msgs and texts just as fast as always.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Eris
    Everyone, do the factory reset after updating to 2.1. The process itself is not hard, but I did have to call Verizon (from a land line while I had my eris handy) and have the rep "authenticate" my phone afterwards, but it was worth it. It runs faster and smoother now and it fixed my speed dial problems. Also, I haven't had any calls that my eris doesn't recognize anymore. Just be sure to back up all of your stuff. My contacts transferred flawlessly after this reset. I did however have to reinstall the apps I downloaded of course so be sure to back them up as well or make a list so you can go back and reinstall them later.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Eris
    Everyone, do the factory reset after updating to 2.1. The process itself is not hard, but I did have to call Verizon (from a land line while I had my eris handy) and have the rep "authenticate" my phone afterwards, but it was worth it. It runs faster and smoother now and it fixed my speed dial problems. Also, I haven't had any calls that my eris doesn't recognize anymore. Just be sure to back up all of your stuff. My contacts transferred flawlessly after this reset. I did however have to reinstall the apps I downloaded of course so be sure to back them up as well or make a list so you can go back and reinstall them later.

How do I back up my apps for later if I want to do a factory reset?
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by kmblygrn View Post

How do I back up my apps for later if I want to do a factory reset?
    I used ASTRO file manager. It will back up apps to the SD card and after you restart you can re-install them right off the card. Worked like a champ for me.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links