DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Internal Storage Memory is low?!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Internal Storage Memory is low?!

What should be the optimum internal storage memory for HTC Eris after OTA? I try to kill apps, delete "running apps" when not in use, turn off GPS and delete cache but still have only about 30mb internal storage memory?! I know Moto Droid has ALOT more mb but I can't believe there is THAT much difference.
  2. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg1234 View Post
    What should be the optimum internal storage memory for HTC Eris after OTA? I try to kill apps, delete "running apps" when not in use, turn off GPS and delete cache but still have only about 30mb internal storage memory?! I know Moto Droid has ALOT more mb but I can't believe there is THAT much difference.
    Killing apps shouldn't make a dent in your storage usage. I've run into this a couple times on my droid and just go and remove apps I don't use or need anymore. Google Earth was one of the first to go, its huge compared to the others.
    Chris

If you apply a rom or theme - backup first!
    If you don't know how to backup...Stop until you do.
    hint: I name my backups like this: sg6.0_20100428 or ss4.2_20100626 to easily find them later. rom and date.

Have a Problem, Click here to Visit the Rescue Squad
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid hacked
    Internal memory is used for apps storage and killing apps only frees RAM memory not internal storage. In order to free internal storage you would have to delete apps that you dont use.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Internal storage memory issue

Internal memory is used for apps storage and killing apps only frees RAM memory not internal storage. In order to free internal storage you would have to delete apps that you dont use.

=========================
    I have deleted apps that I don't use but doesn't seem to have a significant impact. What is the starting amount of internal storage memory mb? My biggest app is Docs To Go with 7.4 mb but most others are much lower.
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    I have deleted apps that I don't use but doesn't seem to have a significant impact. What is the starting amount of internal storage memory mb? My biggest app is Docs To Go with 7.4 mb but most others are much lower.
    256 mb of Internal Storage Memory is what you start with.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid hacked

It has 512mb of Rom memory but only a portion of that is available for the useer and I dont know off hand how much just google it.. http://www.htc.com/us/products/droid...zon#tech-specs or look here.

Try deleting any "home" appss that you dont usse that usually helps.

Also are you rooted?
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bje1982 View Post

It has 512mb of Rom memory but only a portion of that is available for the useer and I dont know off hand how much just google it.. HTC Mobile Phones - DROID ERIS Verizon - Overview or look here.

Also are you rooted?
    I googled too. I got 256 which just happens to be half the amount you got.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Eris
    Can you tell me how to do this? I'm new to the phone, but would love to delete apps that open up all time that I don't use such as Amazon MP3 Store and such.

Thanks in advance!
  9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fentos View Post
    Can you tell me how to do this? I'm new to the phone, but would love to delete apps that open up all time that I don't use such as Amazon MP3 Store and such.

Thanks in advance!
    You require root to delete native apps.
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    From home screen: settings--applications--manage applications

then click the little menu button with the lines and click "filter," select "all," and then click meny button again and "sort by size."

I bet you have the same problem everyone else does, do you send/receive a lot of MMS/SMS with pictures attached and then leave them in your messages? Check the size of your "DIALER STORAGE" and let us know what it is. DO NOT just go in and delete all your texts to free it up, I did that and it didn't work. If you go into each text message string and selectively delete the picture messages you can free up space. My dialer storage is at 42.75MB and I have no call logs, no texts, and it still won't go down. Likely requires a hard reset which I'm not inclined to do.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links