DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Help/Noob

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Eris

Help/Noob

Hey im new to this forum! Well I just received my Droid Eris in the mail yesterday! When I first got it out the box it was running 1.5 and super fast. So I downloaded Handcent and put some songs and pictures onto the SD card. Well a few hours later Handcent started to get kinda of laggy.. It would take a few clicks of a button to get it to imput and then it would keep inputting the letter I entered. The homescreen is kind of laggy when trying to open applications. When I scroll through contacts it lags up and then will freeze and then jump down the screen. Any help is greatly appreciated!!
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chickenman2 View Post
    Hey im new to this forum! Well I just received my Droid Eris in the mail yesterday! When I first got it out the box it was running 1.5 and super fast. So I downloaded Handcent and put some songs and pictures onto the SD card. Well a few hours later Handcent started to get kinda of laggy.. It would take a few clicks of a button to get it to imput and then it would keep inputting the letter I entered. The homescreen is kind of laggy when trying to open applications. When I scroll through contacts it lags up and then will freeze and then jump down the screen. Any help is greatly appreciated!!
    to the Droid Forums. I moved your post over here because I feel you'll get better help. Also be aware that an update is going out for Eris to change it to 2.1. I strongly suggest that you make sure you establish a gmail account and sync your contacts to it.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    1.5 was notorious for handling processes poorly. 2.1 is much better about that. However, if you decide to stay at 1.5 then download and install Advanced Task Killer. When your phone gets laggy, go in and kill all the processes that ATK brings up. It will immediately speed up your phone.

I have not had to use ATK since I installed 2.1, and have in fact uninstalled it.
    Moto X - Designed by me!

Links