I think it's funny that on this site, especially on this site, the backlash for what a total bust the 2.1 update has been is really quiet here. This is one of the best Eris boards I've come across and really the only one I come to for information. But now, reading the posts of the issues people are having, compared to what else is out there...the impact seems much more diminished here. I would think this board would be exploding with complaints, thread after thread of issues...etc.
There is no doubt in my mind that since the update there are so many issues with my phone that I haven't even sat down and bothered with researching each one and trying to fix it. My phone makes calls right now and I can sort of browse the internet on it. Yippee.
1. Contacts...well documented issue. I did not have a ton of contacts, but now I have not been able to HIDE my Gmail contacts from my Address Book which I was able to do in the first 5 minutes after opening up my phone when I first got it. Also, the Facebook images that I told the phone to use for my friends before are all blank now.
2. Speaking of Facebook syncing...I constantly get the following error now: The process com.htc.bg has stopped unexpectedly. Force close. From the very little out there on this one, some are saying it's Facebook syncing not working. No other solutions.
3. Youtube videos....forget it. Extremely choppy now and sound is out of whack with the video.
4. Typing was not great before, but now the typing lag is much worse.
5. Multi-touch sizing of web pages. Whenever I browse the web now, instead of opening up in a somewhat readable size by default...the pages (mobile-versions of major sites) open up zoomed way out and trying to resize using the pinch in our out does not snap the page to a readable size, like it did before. In fact...it takes several tiny pinches to get it readable.
6. Battery charges all night...shows 1/4 full about 2 hours after pulling it off the charger, then shows 3/4 full later in the same day?
I'm just not sure what we gained with the 2.1?
Don't get me wrong and start flaming...I love my Eris...just a little disappointed with the update and response from HTC and users. I'm just hoping I didn't enter into an Apple-like community by getting an Android device...I was trying to do just the opposite when I purchased this phone.