DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it Possible...

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Eris

Is it Possible...

... to install applications/programs onto the Droid Eris micro SD chip? If not, why not? Thx!

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    no.. no app to sd support.. I do not think they have figured it out yet in the hacking world either.. someone might be able to prove me wrong though..
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Razr maxx
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Yes. The Eris has to be rooted and then follow this:

Evil Eris 2.0 with OC and Apps2SD is Here! - Android Forums

Apps2SD is what will enable you to install to the SD card. Otherwise on a stock Eris there is NO way to do that at the moment.
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Eris
    Since the eris has minimal system ram for use, one would have thought the android powers that be would have thought the end user would require this. It's bunk if you ask me! I don't really want to root my eris, I want to be able to install apps to my SD chip via the stock OS thus freeing up system ram for other stuff! Crap I tell you!
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkseider View Post
    Yes. The Eris has to be rooted and then follow this:

Evil Eris 2.0 with OC and Apps2SD is Here! - Android Forums

Apps2SD is what will enable you to install to the SD card. Otherwise on a stock Eris there is NO way to do that at the moment.

proved me wrong.. o well used to it
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Razr maxx
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Eris
    Isn't it possible for someone to write an "app for that"? Hey... I'd pay for it!!!
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Eris
    What the.... I just learned that the new Android 2.2 (Froyo) version has the capability of storing to the MicroSD... now that is VERY disappointing!! Why oh why would the Android Chiefs NOT incorporate this nice lil option in 2.1 for us updated Eris users? Again... What the... is up with that!!!
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    What the.... I just learned that the new Android 2.2 (Froyo) version has the capability of storing to the MicroSD... now that is VERY disappointing!! Why oh why would the Android Chiefs NOT incorporate this nice lil option in 2.1 for us updated Eris users? Again... What the... is up with that!!!
    Not sure your point with this. Obviously, since 2.1 didn't have it, the Android Chiefs saw fit to make that a feature in 2.2 to fix the problem. IF HTC/Verizon doesn't give us a 2.2 update, that is their fault and not the Android Chiefs.
    Moto X - Designed by me!
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Eris
    Well LWA... I'm talking about the people who write the OS code... why couldn't they write that option into the Eris 2.1 code? Obviously... if they had it written they could have given that to us as well! It's not that major of an OS write... rocket science maybe!?
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Well LWA... I'm talking about the people who write the OS code... why couldn't they write that option into the Eris 2.1 code? Obviously... if they had it written they could have given that to us as well! It's not that major of an OS write... rocket science maybe!?
    Once an OS version is released, you don't typically go and add feature to that version. If there are desired features they go into a new version.

Thus 2.1 didn't have it.
    But 2.2 does.

As I said, you should be petitioning HTC and Verizon to work on a 2.2 drop for us Eris owners.
    Moto X - Designed by me!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links