2.1 Bricked My Phone
First, sorry if this is included somewhere else. I looked and didn't see it. The "update" rendered my phone unusable. In addition, it made backing up with HTC sync impossible. After calling (and being on hold for half an hour) I have now restarted from factory default and have a useless phone. I can't believe such a brilliant/innovative company would let this kind of software nonsense happen. This is ludicrous.
so is it working at all? you say it doesnt work but then you say you could restart it to factory default but then you have a useless phone. sorry just a little confused.
2.1 deleted 95% of my contacts. I backed up a .vcf file to my computer and to google mail but it won't let me access it/update my phone and now swears I have no SD card. Wtf. My brother has the same phone--didn't delete any of his contacts, just the scenes.
Wtf, HTC. I shouldn't be surprised, though. Wouldn't be the first time Verizon screwed with me. >:\
I'm pretty sure I followed brentonius... the phone was messed up after the update (the biggest issue being the inability to sync with HTC Sync.) Then after giving up on a fix, a re-set to factory default was done and THAT is what rendered the phone useless.
I'm having the same troubles after the update and was considering a re-set to factory default, but now I'm scared. :S
if my phone isn't working properly by quitting time today, my local verizon store is going to be in for a mighty interesting evening.
Hello again. I just wanted to report back that I'm finally up and running again. It was a rough couple days but I just didn't give up. I wish I had a solution to share, but all I did was keep trying...
For the contacts and calendar sync issue (between Eris and Outlook); I un-installed HTC Sync from my PC, restarted my PC, re-installed HTC Sync, restarted my PC again and made sure HTC Sync was running, powered my Eris off and back on, then plugged the cable in and tried to sync. The first attempts didn't work - the phone and HTC Sync just wouldn't see each other. But I kept trying it over and over again for 2 days and finally it just worked like it's supposed to. Since then, it works beautifully every time.
The other (less annoying) oddities I was noticing have disappeared too, and the speed is back, battery life is great, etc. It's like it needed time to "heal" from the upgrade. :huh:
I *love* my Eris again. Hang in there, everybody!