DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Official 2.1 help! Please Read!

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    VZWGSIII - Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by smtgirl View Post
    I got my weather working. Under settings>applications>manage applications. Then clear the data for everything HTC weather, there's a few. After I did that it started working again.
    Nice work. I will have to try that (for Wife's Eris). I did not hear back from HTC support about it but their forums have a few threads about similar issues.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Eris
    3 of us at work got the update last night for our Eris phones. Let me also point out the I've been waiting (not as patiently as I'd like to pretend) for months and drooling over this update. We're all receiving frequent (com.htc.bgp) error messages followed by a force close. None of us have tampered with the phones. With the weather app it actually crashed my phone 3 times in a row and I was afraid it was going to be a very expensive paper weight. Now it's less frequent (after clearing my weather data) but my calender is completely useless. Any attempt to look at a date ends with a force close. Has anyone played with possible solutions? On the other end, Google Goggles and the new weather and clock themes are hot as hell.
  3. HK.
    Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Eris
    I've been reading about the update and I have seen if you have the 2.1 rooted you will not be getting the updated or it will not work you. Is this correct? Or will you be able to get the OTA update or will you have to manually update?
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Eris
    I am a new Eris user. I've had my phone for about a month. I'm still enjoying it as a new toy, and now I've got this 2.1 update to ponder. I got the notification two days ago, but have not downloaded it yet. Here's one reason: It says the download is 77.7MB, and I only have 92MB left on my phone. Will the update really take 77.7MB and leave me with only 14.3MB? And how will my phone function with only 14.3MB? I predict much slower, and I'll have to start watching how many apps I download. Is the update absolutely necessary?

How about a 2.1 For Dummies? Because I'm clueless about it all - will I have to set up the phone how I like it all over again? Will I have to re-establish all my contacts?
  5. nda
    Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Eris
    Quote Originally Posted by brentonius View Post
    my calender is completely useless. Any attempt to look at a date ends with a force close. Has anyone played with possible solutions?
    I had this same problem with the Calendar; I restarted the phone, opened the calendar, and opened the settings before I tried to look at a date, and then went through all the different calendar settings menus seeing if there were any clues (but didn't actually change any settings). I quit the calendar, reopened it, and the problem had gone away. Doesn't make any sense why this should have fixed the problem but it did.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Eris
    Here's how to fix the weather issue:

Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/Weather Provider/Clear Data

Then go to:

Settings/Accounts & sync/Weather/sync now

fixes it.

Sam
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Eris
    I just got the update today and am having the android.process.media stopped error constantly. I can't run most of my apps at this point. Help!
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    VZW Droid Eris
    Quote Originally Posted by Puntuation View Post
    I just got the update today and am having the android.process.media stopped error constantly. I can't run most of my apps at this point. Help!
    ya my girlfriend has same issue. only thing i've been able to do to help it a little is go into the settings and then applications and manage applications. go thru the various apps and remove any third party ones you dont need and clear the cache and data for things like gmail and browser, etc. still havent found a fix yet though
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    htc droid incredible
    i just got the update late saturday night and havent had too many issues with it til now. it says it doesnt detect the memory card and that perhaps there is not enough space??? but i have 6.71gbs of free space and it plays music from the card and i can read it on the computer but it wont save anything on it anymore. anyone know how to fix this??? ive tried turing it off and unmounting n remounting it and nothing.....
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Eris

Exclamation Ringtone issues

I need help with this.

I downloaded 2.1 this morning. Beyond the irritation of having to reload my contacts, rearrange my home screens, and overall resync everything, I now cannot set the many songs I've uploaded as ringtones.

I'd been using Myxer.com to cut ringtones and send them to my phone via text messages. Now when I save them and play them back, I don't have the option to hit the "menu" button and "save as ringtone." This has been driving me crazy all day. I've only had my phone for a month or so and had just gotten it to be completely personalised the way I wanted, and now I have this nonsense to deal with.

Can anyone help???? I am a smartphone novice and so would like the most newbie-friendly explainer... thanks!!!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Links