DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2.1 help! Please Read!

1. nda
    Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Eris

Bluetooth Problems after 2.1 OTA

Hi

After updating with the official Verizon 2.1 OTA update, I can no longer get my Eris to recognize my Jabra BT2070 bluetooth headset. The Jabra is in discoverable mode, I turn on Bluetooth, go to the Bluetooth settings menu section, touch Scan for Devices, but the headset doesn't show up in the list. I had no problems pairing or connecting this same headset before the update. Does anybody know why this would happen or how I could fix it? Thanks for the help!
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    VZW Droid Eris
    Quote Originally Posted by BDH78 View Post
    I got the OTA2.1 today about a couple of hours ago, its pretty neat with some of the new features like the pinch screen (i could play with it all day lol). But my one problem with it is my weather/clock widget is GONE. Normally when i would view my home screen i would see the weather and time and i could see the weeks forecast when i go into it, but now theirs nothing. I just want this widget back lol, its the one that is 4x2 and comes standard on the eris.

If you know how i can get it back and could help me i would be extremely happy!! THANKS
    Eris 2.1 Update HTC Weather Issue - Verizon | Forums and Blogs - Verizon Community
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Eris
    got the OTA2.1 download sent out by verizon today, and it deleted my contacts and the weather/clock bar on the main home screen. Im pretty pissed, and would of like to have never downloaded it. Im really ready to throw my eris out the window
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    VZW Droid Eris

after 2.1 update - android.process.media err

Hello all,

Keep getting an android.process.media force close error after doing the 2.1 OTA update. Every app in some way seems to trigger it. Gmail wouldnt load, but after going into manage applications and clearing data and cache it worked. But i cant download apps from market and other various issues. Anyone else getting this?

Thanks
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Bionic Safestrap/Th3ory/CM7a
    Quote Originally Posted by BDH78 View Post
    got the OTA2.1 download sent out by verizon today, and it deleted my contacts and the weather/clock bar on the main home screen. Im pretty pissed, and would of like to have never downloaded it. Im really ready to throw my eris out the window
    Go to accounts via settings and resync and once it's done you will have your contacts again.

The weather widgetcan be returned with long press of the screen (make sure you have room, delete the clock if needed) htc widgets>clock>scroll right to weather clock) then choose full screen animation it is cool each time you open phone/unlock. For actual weather, use one of your extra screens and use weather widget. Opening the clock weather can cause force close. Resetting data stops sense from rebooting but doesn't fix the error. Hopefully someone knows how to actually fix, or it is updated
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Eris

Exclamation Just downloaded 2.1 OTA, but it wont install!!

Hi everyone, I have a problem that I have not found ANYWHERE on the internet after much searching. I just received the 2.1 OTA update for my stock, non-rooted 1.5 HTC Droid Eris, and downloaded it sucessfully.
    Unfortunately, it refused to install! When I rebooted the phone, and it began to unload the package, there was an error, and now its like I never got the update!!!
    Does anyone know where the downloaded updated file is on my phone, as in what folder it downloaded into, so I could maybe move it around and try to manually update it from the boot menu on my phone? I can't find it for the life of me!!
    I have a feeling though that it's probably gone, or no one know where it goes yet, otherwise the file would be posted on the internet by now. Thanks in advance though to anyone who can help with my problem, or even just confirm my fear of it being lost.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

Re: Official 2.1 help! Please Read!

I don't even own the Eris, but I know the update does a complete wipe. But I do own an Android phone and know contacts can simply be re-synced. Widgets can be re-added as well. No need to flip out.

Sent Using Tapatalk
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Eris

Official 2.1 help! Please Read!

I got my weather working. Under settings>applications>manage applications. Then clear the data for everything HTC weather, there's a few. After I did that it started working again.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Eris
    Quote Originally Posted by DJThomas07 View Post
    Hi everyone, I have a problem that I have not found ANYWHERE on the internet after much searching. I just received the 2.1 OTA update for my stock, non-rooted 1.5 HTC Droid Eris, and downloaded it sucessfully.
    Unfortunately, it refused to install! When I rebooted the phone, and it began to unload the package, there was an error, and now its like I never got the update!!!
    Does anyone know where the downloaded updated file is on my phone, as in what folder it downloaded into, so I could maybe move it around and try to manually update it from the boot menu on my phone? I can't find it for the life of me!!
    I have a feeling though that it's probably gone, or no one know where it goes yet, otherwise the file would be posted on the internet by now. Thanks in advance though to anyone who can help with my problem, or even just confirm my fear of it being lost.
    I had the same problem. Apparently the update requires 25MB of free space.

I did a battery pull and after a few tries it worked like a charm.

Real nice to have the stock youtube app actually work now!
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Eris
    I have the same problem with my calendar and occasionally my messages. I hope there is a fix quick!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Links