DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2.1 help! Please Read!

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Eris (Verizon)
    Does someone have a list of the features for 2.1?
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Droid.
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MattPHS2002 View Post
    Does someone have a list of the features for 2.1?
    http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/eris.pdf {Official}

Verizon Says Droid Eris Update “Coming Soon” | Android Phone Fans
    {From phandroid}
    If you want to complain about software updates, another handset you don’t want to fail to mention unless you like the idea of a thousand angry Android owners descending upon you is the HTC Droid Eris from Verizon. We learned that Verizon would be dropping the Eris in short order, and along with this there was some worry that a new OS update may never come. Now it looks like Verizon is gearing up to bring the update to Eris owners, with software revision ROM: 2.36.605.1/Radio: 2.42.00.04.12.
    No where in Verizon’s literature do they call this one Android 2.1, but if you look at the list of new features you’ll know that is exactly what you are getting:

• Pinch-to-zoom is now available when using the Gallery and Google Maps.
    • New support for voice-to-text entry.
    • New Gallery application with 3D layout. View and share photos taken with your phone and images from your online Picasa Web albums.
    • New Leap thumbnail view lets you pinch to jump between the seven panels on your home screen.
    • Google Maps with Navigation provides free, traffic-enhanced, turn-by-turn navigation.

If Verizon sticks to their guns, notice that Eris users will get 7 home screens with thumbnail navigation, something that was surprisingly absent from the Motorola Droid Android 2.1 update. You can learn much more about what other additions and enhancements will come with the update at the Verizon Eris Support site.
    No specific timeframe is given for when owners can expect this update to start rolling out, and if the recent bungle that was the Droid 2.1 (or really any 2.1 update you can think of) release is any indication, you would be best to be a bit skeptical. Hopefully “soon” will retain its dictionary definition and actually mean sometime in the relatively near future.
    [via Verizon, thanks to c dowell for the heads up!]
    I touched Lord Stanley's Cup on 1/2/11.
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    My wife uses the Eris and I am really looking forward to her having turn by turn navigation like I have on my Droid. I just ordered my son a phone from Verizon on 5/11 and the rep on the phone said that 2.1 was being released that day for the Eris. Although I have yet to see it on my wifes phone and by the sounds of it, no one on here has recieved the OTA update either.... So....... I wait........
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Eris leak ver2
    Update started on the 11th and will take 13 days for everyone to get it. So says Verizon. Also was told if you are using a leaked version you WILL still get the 2.1ota.

I'm waiting to see. I have leaked 2.1 and it runs great.
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    I hope it arrives soon. It will determine if I send her Eris back for warranty. Her phone doesn't surf the internet for crap. I hope it helps with that.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Eris leak ver2
    Mine works good, but if your internet is slow go to market and get another browser. I don't know which ones are good. I'm using the stock browser. It works fine for me.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    i have the leaked 2.1 how will i know when the update comes? will it just pop up on my main screen and say i have an update?
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Eris leak ver2
    You will get a notification in the top bar on your phone. From all I have gathered they are taking a 24 hour break then starting to issue the update some more. Not sure if it is true or not tho.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Pacific NW. Not so North and not so West.
    Twitter
    DesireeDenakis
    Phone
    Incredible
    Well, this is exciting! It is for software version 2.36.605.1 and I am currently running a leaked 2.26.605.4 and love it. The ONLY problem I have encountered is that my dial pad has been a little funky, but to be honest I only use the phone function of my phone about 10% of the total usage. lol
    I am excited about being able to access multiple google mail accounts through google mail since I like the features of that better than the regular mail box. And I'm hoping I'll be able to use my favorite app (calorie counter) again since that has been unavailable to me since I installed the leaked version. Better battery life will be nice as well, however I haven't had as much of an issue since I upgraded as when it was new. Or maybe I'm just used to it. Who knows!
    And the Turn-by-turn is totally worth it, almost all by itself. At least in my world, it is.
    Anyway, exciting news in the Eris world!
    It's not hard to get the answers as long as you ask the right questions.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    since i just got a replacement eris it came with 1.5 on it, i didnt bother upgrading to the leak since the update will be coming soon. im going nuts i cant stand it i want the upgrade now!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links