my eris broke so I had to get a new one, is there any way to save texts to sim card or transfer them to new eris?????
I guess it would depend on how bad your Eris broke.
If you can use it and still download from the Market, the download SMS Backup and Restore (it's free). If you can't do that then it's going to get a little involved, ready? Please read all the instructions before proceeding, to save time.
1. On your new Eris download SMS Backup and Restore, and appSaver.
2. Run appSaver to save SMS Backup and Restore to your SDCard. This will be saved as a .apk file.
3. Take you SDCard out of your new Eris and put it in the old one.
4. Explore your SDCard to find SMS Backup and Restore, and install it. To explore your SDCard you need to have a file manager program installed. make sure to check the box for installing apps from unknown sources.
5. Install the app, then run it. It will backup all your texts and put them on your SDCard.
Hope this helps and good luck.