DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Why hack the Eris? 2.1 begins on the 13th

  1. Junior Droid
    Android1983's Avatar
    Member #
    57316
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7
    Phone
    HTC Eris
    #1

    Why hack the Eris? 2.1 begins on the 13th

    I was wondering why everybody is hacking/ruining their phones? Most hacked Eris users cant even use Google Maps, which IMO the greatest feature because the Navigation. I was told that the update is rolling out like they did to the Droid
    April 13th a couple thousand will receive the update with more to follow around midnight
    April 14th Bug day!!!! No updates will be sent
    April 15th Global hysteria!!!! Welcome to the HTC 2.1 era for the rest of the world
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Junior Droid
    Android1983's Avatar
    Member #
    57316
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7
    Phone
    HTC Eris
    #2
    I was told this by 4 Verizon reps from 3 stores! i was going in to see about upgrading to the Droid cause in my line of work Google Navigation will be awesome to have and they said, "Whats the point? You will have the 2.1 update by the 15th." I called BS on that one and went to the other two Verizon stores and they said the same thing so i think the time has FINALLY come
  4. Droid Newbie
    jhdz06's Avatar
    Member #
    57322
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #3
    There will not be a udate for the Eris, there just going to kill it off and make the eris 2 already installed with the 2.1 firmware, its really called the "HTC INCREDIBLE" BUT IT'S the same phone concept, but yea no update, official release of phone will be Monday.
  5. Junior Droid
    Android1983's Avatar
    Member #
    57316
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7
    Phone
    HTC Eris
    #4
    I hope they do both then. That would suck as I was told to keep my phone cause I would receive the update. Surely they would have tried to make $$$ off me and they couldve said monday you need to buy the Eris 2, instead they mentioned the update. Ill keep my fingers crossed
  6. Droid
    dishnu's Avatar
    Member #
    50404
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    32
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    #5
    Just got back from getting a Eris for my Mom LOL the Rep at the store Told me that it was already out... then I showed him on the phone where it said Ver 1.5 and then he shut up. was very Quiet after that.
    Mike D
    This is the Droid that i am searching for
    --------
    Device: Motorola Droid RAZR
  7. Senior Droid
    ytwokc5's Avatar
    Member #
    30297
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    159
    Phone
    Droid
    #6
    Installed 2.1 last week on my wifes eris. Did not root. It has been trouble free. Runs google nav. Has just about everything my droid has except live wallpaper. A very worthwhile mod.
  8. Droid
    T2noob's Avatar
    Member #
    49911
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    49
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Android1983 View Post
    I was told this by 4 Verizon reps from 3 stores! i was going in to see about upgrading to the Droid cause in my line of work Google Navigation will be awesome to have and they said, "Whats the point? You will have the 2.1 update by the 15th." I called BS on that one and went to the other two Verizon stores and they said the same thing so i think the time has FINALLY come
    Yea not to bash on you but reps usually know stuff AFTER we do..so i highly doubt that it will be here on 13th.
    I mean reps have been telling us that 2.1 would be coming sometime in january, and its now april...so take it as a grain of salt..nothing concrete.
  9. Junior Droid
    Butthead007's Avatar
    Member #
    42904
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    23
    Phone
    Droid X
    #8
    I can assure you the reps know before you do. The 2.1 release has been delayed. Anyone who said it was coming in Jan is full of it. Verizon and HTC committed to q1 and never gave a specific date. It's coming. Store reps often do not know but call center reps usualy know more. Sorry.


    Quote Originally Posted by T2noob View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Android1983 View Post
    I was told this by 4 Verizon reps from 3 stores! i was going in to see about upgrading to the Droid cause in my line of work Google Navigation will be awesome to have and they said, "Whats the point? You will have the 2.1 update by the 15th." I called BS on that one and went to the other two Verizon stores and they said the same thing so i think the time has FINALLY come
    Yea not to bash on you but reps usually know stuff AFTER we do..so i highly doubt that it will be here on 13th.
    I mean reps have been telling us that 2.1 would be coming sometime in january, and its now april...so take it as a grain of salt..nothing concrete.
  10. Banned
    EvilWays's Avatar
    Member #
    34595
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    miami,
    Posts
    203
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by jhdz06 View Post
    There will not be a udate for the Eris, there just going to kill it off and make the eris 2 already installed with the 2.1 firmware, its really called the "HTC INCREDIBLE" BUT IT'S the same phone concept, but yea no update, official release of phone will be Monday.
    do more homework. the incredible is NOT an eris2. its actuall a Branded version of the nexus... i doubt they will have wasted developement time making a 2.1 build (which leaked and we KNOW it exists cause its on my girls eris right now) simply to not release it. just because they are killing off the phone doesnt mean htc will no longer support it. as for as the 13th goes... i say good luck. my girl is already enjoying 2.1 (with lwp btw)

    ALSO why root?
    Tethering
    overclocking
    lwp
    custom roms
    a clean android rom with no sense (if your into that kinda thing)

    Correct me if im wrong on any of this, but i still have plenty of reasons to keep my girls rooted, the main one being not having to hear "baby can you turn your tether on?" cause she can do it herself now
  11. Droid
    T2noob's Avatar
    Member #
    49911
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    49
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilWays View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhdz06 View Post
    There will not be a udate for the Eris, there just going to kill it off and make the eris 2 already installed with the 2.1 firmware, its really called the "HTC INCREDIBLE" BUT IT'S the same phone concept, but yea no update, official release of phone will be Monday.
    do more homework. the incredible is NOT an eris2. its actuall a Branded version of the nexus... i doubt they will have wasted developement time making a 2.1 build (which leaked and we KNOW it exists cause its on my girls eris right now) simply to not release it. just because they are killing off the phone doesnt mean htc will no longer support it. as for as the 13th goes... i say good luck. my girl is already enjoying 2.1 (with lwp btw)

    ALSO why root?
    Tethering
    overclocking
    lwp
    custom roms
    a clean android rom with no sense (if your into that kinda thing)

    Correct me if im wrong on any of this, but i still have plenty of reasons to keep my girls rooted, the main one being not having to hear "baby can you turn your tether on?" cause she can do it herself now
    Just to add to it...deleting stuff you don't want like Visual Voice mail.
    Mail app if you don't use it, teeter, htclock screen and replace it with the one from the nexus...and when the source code is released for 2.1 over clocking and optimization to the source for a far better system, the possibilities are endless when we get the source code for 2.1 eris build.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Verizon begins Android 2.1 update rollout for Motorola Droid
    By Wuzz Ranger in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 10:44 AM
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-24-2010, 02:44 AM
  3. USB host mode for Droid - Hack A Day Hack!
    By LastBoyScout in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-11-2010, 06:53 AM
  4. So the quest for the home replacement app begins...
    By kmkeck in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-11-2010, 12:41 AM
  5. Possible Hack?
    By phreakaj in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-28-2009, 08:56 AM

Search tags for this page

droid eris hack

,

droid eris hacks

,
eris hack
,
eris hacks
,

hack droid eris

,
hack eris
,
hack htc droid eris
,

hack htc eris

,

hacking droid eris

,
hacking htc eris
,
how to hack htc eris
,

htc droid eris hack

,
htc droid eris hacks
,

htc eris hack

,

htc eris hacks

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+