DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: HELP!!! I need to know if I'm rooted & what can I install...

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate

Question HELP!!! I need to know if I'm rooted & what can I install...

Hey everyone! Just joined this great place! I've been a lurker or a while but decided to join tonight! I've searched 'till I'm blue in the face and can't find exactly what I'm looking for. Here's what's going on....

I done this from theunlockr.com:

How To: Root the HTC Droid Eris (and Get Android 2.1)(Updated – 04.08.2010) | The Unlockr

Since I done this that has 2.1, can I still go to a different ROM or am I stuck like this until Verizon puts out the OTA update? I'm new to all this and have no clue. I shouldn't have done it without asking you guys first, but it's a little to late to worry about it now. I want something a little different, this one is a little buggy. Kinda slow, Facebook pics quit working at random times, just little weird things. I've got ASTRO and backed up all my apps and have synced Gmail for my contacts. I'm ready to go. I can't get live wallpapers to work. I've put it on the SD card and booted up using power/volume down, but it won't ever work. I would like to try a custom ROM, but don't know what is compatible with the Eris. I'm a noob! Please help me out! Thanks guys!!
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Nokia flip phone
    Quote Originally Posted by EvillE423 View Post
    Hey everyone! Just joined this great place! I've been a lurker or a while but decided to join tonight! I've searched 'till I'm blue in the face and can't find exactly what I'm looking for. Here's what's going on....

I done this from theunlockr.com:

How To: Root the HTC Droid Eris (and Get Android 2.1)(Updated – 04.08.2010) | The Unlockr

Since I done this that has 2.1, can I still go to a different ROM or am I stuck like this until Verizon puts out the OTA update? I'm new to all this and have no clue. I shouldn't have done it without asking you guys first, but it's a little to late to worry about it now. I want something a little different, this one is a little buggy. Kinda slow, Facebook pics quit working at random times, just little weird things. I've got ASTRO and backed up all my apps and have synced Gmail for my contacts. I'm ready to go. I can't get live wallpapers to work. I've put it on the SD card and booted up using power/volume down, but it won't ever work. I would like to try a custom ROM, but don't know what is compatible with the Eris. I'm a noob! Please help me out! Thanks guys!!
    I know there are two ways to put 2.1 on the eris...the leaked 2.1 that came out quite awhile ago, and the Rooted ...If you installed the leaked 2.1 there isn't a way to root it..just FYI..If you followed the procedure in the link then you are rooted and can change ROMS, this link should help you. I've been browsing through them just to see what's available for the eris, and I suggest reading on what is there. For more assistance on the installation, copy the http when you open the file, paste in the address bar and will take you to the ROM page over on xda. Hope this helps ..Good Luck http://android.grdlock.net/

Links